#21 Zac Fettig

Zac Fettig
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Other
  • Boston

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

The camera has a variable shutter. That knob adjusts the shutter angle. From 150 degrees (Open) to 0 degrees (closed). It has nothing to do with the aperture.

If you want to do a fade in or fade out in camera (as opposed to in post) you just need to turn that knob with the camera running. From "Closed" to "Open" for a fade in. From "Open" to "Closed" for a fade out. It's in the manual (http://www.mondofoto...m814electronic/). There's a shutter table there too.

Personally, I leave it on open, and lock it there (that little slider thing is the lock). Since I edit on a computer anyways, I just do the fades there.

#22 Hara Kli

Hara Kli

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Student

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

Thanks, i just want to try it out analogically. So it doesn't mater if the camera is on EE or manual when i perform the fade in/out effect? 

Yes the shutter control ring adjusts the shutter angle but the exposure adjustment knob that counts '2' and '4' is also for the shutter angle? I was wondering what that knob adjusts. Is it also meant for the fade in/out effect or the manual exposure of the camera?

One thing i also noticed on this camera is a difference on the aperture scale that counts the f-stops :1.4, 2, 2.8, 4, 5.6, 8, 11, 16, 22, 32. On most cameras, moving one scale unit to the right reduces the amount of light reaching the film. And moving one scale unit to the left increases the amount of light reaching the film. On this camera its the opposite. Moving towards the left in the aperture scale (1.4, 2 f stops) there is under-exposure and moving towards the right (16, 22 f-stops ) there is overexposure. Can somebody that has this camera explain this to me?

thanks

Hara

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam

Metropolis Post

rebotnix Technologies

CineTape

FJS International, LLC

Willys Widgets

Rig Wheels Passport

Aerial Filmworks