AlejandroGomez
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera
  • Germany

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:35 AM

Hi Guys

Really need help on this. First of all I have no idea of gripping so thats why I need a good advice.

We need to do a POV. Its a Overhead shot with a Epic Mysterium and a 24mm. The camera needs to tilt down looking to the floor where it will be a pair of shoes, we will throw things at the shoes, like paint, dirt, water...

I need advice on how to rig the camera on a safe way, Im gonna make the camera really light, just a photo lens and power up though a DC power Cable, without V-mounts. The camera should be arround 1,70 and 1,80m higher.

Any ideas on how to do it? Needs to be really simple and cheap. No Jib, No slider...

Thank you in advance

#2 Satsuki Murashige

Satsuki Murashige
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3358 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • San Francisco, CA

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:33 AM

Does the camera need to tilt down in shot? Or can it be locked off?

Ideally, you would make a goalpost rig of some kind so that there is no tripod or stand underneath the camera. That could be something like a long speedrail pipe with a right-angle cheese plate in the middle, and two combo stands on the ends. It would help to have a few 3/8-16 mounting points on the camera body so you can stabilize it

But if that's still too complex, then I suppose you could do it with a tripod and a false floor to hide the tripod legs. Get four apple boxes and a thick sheet of plywood. Dress the plywood to look like the floor and either have the actor stand on the surface, or if you can get away with prop legs and shoes use that instead. That will simplify camera positioning and you can have the camera lower without having to work around the actor's body.

#3 Brenton Lee

Brenton Lee
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Student
  • Melbourne, Australia

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:27 AM

Extend your fluid head / tripod out, cantilever it off the right height ladder then use a bit of accessory cord to manipulate the fluid head up or down.

Just make sure you sandbag the ladder. 

rebotnix Technologies

Glidecam

Paralinx LLC

Pro 8mm

CineTape

Technodolly

Visual Products

FJS International, LLC

Metropolis Post

ZoomCrane

Willys Widgets