Photo

FS: Arri 3C Techniscope (2-perf) Camera Package -Beautiful Condition

2-perf techniscope arri arriflex 3C IIIC Cinematography Electronics 35mm camera 2 perf

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Richard Joneleit

Richard Joneleit
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Other
  • New York

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:10 AM

Hey, thanks for your interest Peter. I have a sale pending. It should go through by the 20th/21st of this month. If it falls through, I'll definitely get in touch. Thanks!

#22 Richard Joneleit

Richard Joneleit
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Other
  • New York

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:44 AM

This camera package is still available. I've had several near-sales. Two very interested parties currently but no commitment just yet.

Two updates:

1) The camera package is now in Los Angeles with friends. The only thing left with me in NYC are the 2x 400' Fromm Hand Held mags. A potential buyer recently shot a registration test and reported excellent results, and a technician was paid to inspect the package and gave it a thumbs up. References available upon request.

2) The straight anamorphic door is no longer included in the package. It doesn't make sense for someone to shoot 2-perf with anamorphics, and I know someone who wants this door to shoot anamorphic with their 4-perf 3C. In addition, the Hand Held door is equally lightweight with equally bright optics, but more ergonomic for hand held (the optics are further forward, closer to the film plane and not so far back).

#23 Rob Guerrero

Rob Guerrero
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Hollywood, California

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:32 PM

Hey Richard can you give me an email/call regarding the stolen/theft history on the movie camera?

Edited by Rob Guerrero, 07 February 2017 - 07:36 PM.

#24 Rob Guerrero

Rob Guerrero
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Hollywood, California

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:52 PM

Hey Richard can you give me an email/call regarding the stolen/theft history on the movie camera?

Just so everyone knows I am a potential buyer and the movie camera had been stolen from the previous buyer in 2008. It was recovered. Richard has been really great about being transparent about the history and he will put me in touch with the previous buyer to explain what happened. Richard is 100% current owner of the movie camera and it is not currently stolen. He has taken very good of the movie camera and it works 100%. It is currently listed in Insync Publications as "stolen" but I have been assured the title has been cleared. We will try to delete it as "stolen" since it appears to be old history. Again the camera is currently NOT stolen.

http://insyncpubs.com/classifieds/

STOLEN EQUIPMENT: These item were taken 01/10/2008

Arriflex IIIC camera #85080w/handheld door #85C150 and eyepiece, together
with Italian flatbase and Arri handheld crystal motor #109
Arri IIIC orientable door #85A081

Edited by Rob Guerrero, 07 February 2017 - 09:54 PM.

#25 Richard Joneleit

Richard Joneleit
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Other
  • New York

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:51 AM

Thank you for clarifying that, Rob.

As I said in my first post, I bought this camera package in 2009. It was at the very end of 2009. I bought the package from Chris Squires, a well-established Camera Operator and DP in the industry. As you can see from the In-Sync Publications alert, Chris listed this stolen notice well before I bought the package, back in early 2008. It had been stolen, and recovered, undamaged. It seems Chris never had the listing taken down after it was recovered. I remember Chris telling me he had CE check out the motor to make sure it was ok after it was recovered. I've kept in touch with Chris over the years, and will ask him to get back to you, Rob, to confirm all of this, if you are serious about buying the package. 

#26 Rob Guerrero

Rob Guerrero
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Hollywood, California

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:21 PM

Hey Richard, I finally spoke with Chris today, really great guy and he explained everything, it was stolen but was recovered. He told me he will have the stolen camera history deleted from the stolen gear section in the Insync Publication magazine.

I think this is a valuable lesson for everyone ALWAYS CHECK HISTORY WITH MOVIE CAMERA GEAR. Pretty much every movie camera part or lens has serial#s with traceable history and dealers , rental houses and trade magazines usually have records of this. There is a lot of stolen gear out there in the marketplace and both buyers and sellers need to be careful check things out before purchase /selling. Insync Publication is a great resource for a list of stolen gear and there are several other places. Maybe I can list a thread here soon on resources soon. I have heard stories of people *accidently* buying/selling stolen gear only to be stuck with the headache. Everything turned out fine here but the lesson is always check the camera history!

Same applies to used cars! lol :D

http://insyncpubs.com/

Edited by Rob Guerrero, 09 February 2017 - 04:25 PM.

#27 Rob Guerrero

Rob Guerrero
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Hollywood, California

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:26 AM

Hey Rich I just sent you a proposal. Let me know what you think. Thanks for helping make this a safe and stress free purchase. :)

#28 Richard Joneleit

Richard Joneleit
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Other
  • New York

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:06 PM

Thank you everyone for your interest, this camera package has just been SOLD!

The buyer did not want to buy:

2x 400' Fromm Hand Held mags

1x Arri 3C Crystal Pistolgrip motor (also compatible with an Arri 2C)

So those are still available for sale. The Fromm mags are in the NYC area and the Pistolgrip motor is currently in Los Angeles. I'll create separate listings for those items soon.

#29 Dan Finlayson

Dan Finlayson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Boston

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:50 PM

I might be interested in the handheld mags.  Can you post some more info on them?

#30 Richard Joneleit

Richard Joneleit
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Other
  • New York

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:58 PM

Hi Dan, please see/reply/ask any questions regarding those mags here, thanks!

http://www.cinematog...showtopic=73862

#31 Samuel Berger

Samuel Berger
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Seattle

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

I'm always late for these things. Dangit!

Edited by Samuel Berger, 13 October 2017 - 11:46 AM.

#32 victor huey

victor huey
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Producer

Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:16 PM

i have two perf Kinors for sale if you are interested?

Edited by victor huey, 25 October 2017 - 07:16 PM.

#33 Samuel Berger

Samuel Berger
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Seattle

Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:19 PM

i have two perf Kinors for sale if you are interested?

Model and price? Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2-perf, techniscope, arri, arriflex, 3C, IIIC, Cinematography Electronics, 35mm, camera, 2 perf

Rig Wheels Passport

Tai Audio

The Slider

Visual Products

CineTape

Ritter Battery

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

Wooden Camera

Metropolis Post