Photo

Can You Make a Kodak 16mm magazine accept single perf?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Michael Carter

Michael Carter
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Other
  • Pittsburgh

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:16 PM

Two things. Film goes in front of Both metal things inside the camera, not inbetween them. The, silver one is the pressure plate, the gold one is the spring that pushes on the plate. And then, the little pin on the top edge of the magazine is supposed to be pushed closed, all the way forward. It engages with a slot that gets pulled back by the lock.

#22 Elie Harriett

Elie Harriett
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Other
  • Mansfield, Ohio

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:48 PM

Oh my good lord that did it!!  I have a working camera!!!!!!!!  I did not realize the closing latch wasn't connecting.

Thank you!!!!

Now I can get some real single perf film and put it in here.  A nice, small 16mm camera I can use for family vacation.

#23 Pavan Deep

Pavan Deep
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • UK

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:40 PM

I am glad it's worked out, I was going to suggest trying another magazine, I now keep a few magazines loaded with single perf film.

Pav

#24 Elie Harriett

Elie Harriett
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Other
  • Mansfield, Ohio

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:13 AM

Actually, I have 2. Now that it works, I was going to get about 5 or 6 more and load them. I bought an old 50ft take up reel for the non magazines so I could measure out the correct size in the dark. But I really wanted this camera to work. It is the smallest 16mm camera I’ve found by far — about the same size as an 8 and it has the dual benefit of being able to hot swap for different film stocks on the go.

Admittedly, however, I was so concerned with getting the film magazine working, I completely neglected the focusing lens is quite stiff, so I’m trying to get a little bit of oil down there to loosen it up without getting any on the glass.

And now I’m trying to plot out the different film stocks to try and use. I’ve become quite excited about this.

#25 Pavan Deep

Pavan Deep
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • UK

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:18 AM

I don't know if you've said, but what camera are you working with? As far as I know most cameras, like the Bell and Howell, Revere and Keystones require C mount lenses. As long as you can remove the lens from the camera body getting another C mount lens isn't difficult at all.

Pav

Edited by Pavan Deep, 31 May 2018 - 02:19 AM.

#26 Michael Carter

Michael Carter
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Other
  • Pittsburgh

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:59 AM

If a 25mm lens is set to 25 feet you need not change it as just about everything will be in focus

#27 Elie Harriett

Elie Harriett
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Other
  • Mansfield, Ohio

Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:23 AM

It's just a regular Kodak Magazine 16.  No other model number.  Lens is just the basic 25mm.

Hmm, something is causing jams randomly.  Was working then not.  Pull out, put in and it works again.  Then jams again.

#28 Michael Carter

Michael Carter
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Other
  • Pittsburgh

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:23 PM

Put the film in front, not inbetween, the two metal plates, also, close the magazine film cover by sliding the pin on top all the way forward. I thought I had a box full of loaded magazines, but they are all empty.

Abel Cine

Ritter Battery

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Tai Audio

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

Rig Wheels Passport

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

CineLab

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment