#61 K Borowski

K Borowski
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3905 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • I.A.T.S.E. Local # 600 Eastern Region

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:26 PM

Joe, glad you were amused, but that was one of those jokes that was so funny, it was true. :mellow:

I'm kind of embarassed how hard I cut into Frank and Satsuke almost a year ago. At the time I was working long hours for a job that was exploiting me for labor and utility money, so I apologize for the harshness of my words then.

So, hey, guys, hope you've gotten past what I said. I had no idea I came off on you that hard.

#62 Benjamin Rowland

Benjamin Rowland
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Producer

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:36 AM

Most shows shoot 32,000 in the first 3 days!

The average drama today exposes about 10,000 feet a day for 8 days. Many episodes will hit 100,000 feet or more. That's what happens when you have two cameras rolling on almost every setup, and, shall we say, slightly less experienced directors than we used to have.

I do recall the days when we used to shoot for 7 days, expose about 40,000 feet total, and print about 2/3 of that. And that was on 4 perf. And we seemed to get just as much coverage as we often do today. Funny how that works...

I once cut an episode of a reality show that had a 120 to 1 shooting ratio. Most directors would benefit greatly from some time spent in the edit seat.

#63 Peter Moretti

Peter Moretti
  • Sustaining Members
  • 306 posts
  • Other
  • Sherman Oaks, CA

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:56 AM

Joe, glad you were amused, but that was one of those jokes that was so funny, it was true. :mellow:

I'm kind of embarassed how hard I cut into Frank and Satsuke almost a year ago. At the time I was working long hours for a job that was exploiting me for labor and utility money, so I apologize for the harshness of my words then.

So, hey, guys, hope you've gotten past what I said. I had no idea I came off on you that hard.

Karl,

I just want to say that I really appreciate and respect you for this very stand-up post.

Paralinx LLC

Aerial Filmworks

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment

Visual Products

The Slider

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Rig Wheels Passport

Wooden Camera

FJS International, LLC

rebotnix Technologies

CineTape

Metropolis Post