#21 Alessandro Malfatti

Alessandro Malfatti
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Other
  • Barcelona, Spain

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:37 PM

Thanks guys, I'll look into your suggestions, let's see how the shoot turn out in a couple of days or weeks...

#22 wolfgang haak

wolfgang haak
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Digital Image Technician
  • London, UK

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:09 AM

Thanks guys, I'll look into your suggestions, let's see how the shoot turn out in a couple of days or weeks...

I just found this:
GK-Film

The text is all in German, but the manucaturer claims that their "high precision contact plate" allows newer film stock to run in old cameras, reducing drag, and stuck films. In addition they claim that it'll improve focus on the film edges as the plate reduces film movement.

I haven't tried it yet, but if things are getting desperate out there with kodak catriges, why not give these guys a call?

regards,
Wolfgang

#23 Michael Lehnert

Michael Lehnert
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1097 posts
  • Other
  • London, UK / Basel, CH

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:20 AM

The Framemaster device has been discussed here since it originally came to the international market, oh, back 4 years ago or so. It was available in Germany since 2001/2, launched with an article in the CineMagica of the BCFI.

There is no conclusive resolution as to the benefits of this device. What is know of it in respect to real-life results can be read in the Super 8 FAQ by clicking here (at the end of the post dealing with Super 8 Cartridges in general).

The English site for the FrameMaster can be found at Andec's Website.

I personally would not endorse the device, in fact, I am unsure about any dealings with Herr Klose in general at the moment, as over the past 2 years, he has accumulated a certain track record for non-delivering on promised and listed products - the GK Precision Cartridge that incorporated a new pressure plate derived from the knowledge gained with the FrameMaster is now almost absolutely pure vapourware.

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineLab

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

Wooden Camera

Visual Products

FJS International, LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Metropolis Post