#1 Scott Bryant

Scott Bryant
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Other
  • Nevada

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:31 PM

So I bought an Eclair NPR and now I'm looking for a tripod. I just didn't realize a tripod is going to cost as much as the camera itself. Any suggestions on some tripods on the cheap? Is basically everything that's worth anything over $500? Any recommendations would be really helpful. Thanks alot.

#2 Glenn Brady

Glenn Brady
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Other

Posted 08 September 2007 - 01:01 PM

I've had good luck with Miller tripods from the era in which the NPR was made. If properly serviced and maintained, they work well. Look for models with the tilt lock disc brake. The 'LP' - Light Professional - may be just what you need; I purchased a fully functioning one with carrying case at eBay for less than a $100.00. I've used modern tripods like the Sachtler side-by-side with the Miller, and, save for a few handy features on the Sachtler such as a quick-release plate and adjustable countersprings, the Miller does essentially the same thing for thousands of Dollars less.

#3 Marcus Frakes

Marcus Frakes
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Other

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:04 PM

So I bought an Eclair NPR and now I'm looking for a tripod. I just didn't realize a tripod is going to cost as much as the camera itself. Any suggestions on some tripods on the cheap? Is basically everything that's worth anything over $500? Any recommendations would be really helpful. Thanks alot.

I also have an Eclair NPR and picked up a Manfrotto 075b. It's rated to hold the weight and cost less than 200 bucks. A decent spreader can help stability as well.

#4 Scott Bryant

Scott Bryant
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Other
  • Nevada

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:01 PM

I also have an Eclair NPR and picked up a Manfrotto 075b. It's rated to hold the weight and cost less than 200 bucks. A decent spreader can help stability as well.

What kind of head did you use with it? The only 075b's i've seen are rated at only 15lbs which isn't heavy enough for an npr

CineTape

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

Technodolly

Paralinx LLC

Glidecam

The Slider

Wooden Camera

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment

Abel Cine