#81 Samuel Berger

Samuel Berger
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1220 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Seattle

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:49 PM

HA, yea Long GOP MPEG compression sucks with green screen work. Remember the C300 normal doesn't shoot XAVC iFrame or 10 bit for that matter. The MKII has little problems with green screen work, it's fine.

With that said, I haven't tested the URSA's keying potential, I despise chroma key and avoid it like the plague.

I did this for my daughter and my niece. Green screen with the Ursa Mini 4K. The last shot has some keying issues but I wasn't doing it for a customer. ;-) I made everything in it, including the backdrop animations.

Edit: wow it looked a LOT better before MP4 compression and Youtube....so I guess that's no longer a good example.

Edited by Samuel Berger, 18 April 2018 - 10:51 PM.

#82 Samuel Berger

Samuel Berger
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1220 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Seattle

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:54 PM

HA, yea Long GOP MPEG compression sucks with green screen work. Remember the C300 normal doesn't shoot XAVC iFrame or 10 bit for that matter. The MKII has little problems with green screen work, it's fine.

With that said, I haven't tested the URSA's keying potential, I despise chroma key and avoid it like the plague.

Hehe If I wait for the perfect camera at the perfect price I will be waiting forever.

If the Sigma zooms work with the DPAF, there's no reason for me to buy anything other than Canon.

#83 Samuel Berger

Samuel Berger
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1220 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Seattle

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:50 PM

Sam.. just buy an fs7.. its the most requested camera on the planet for your market ..  you can mount any lens on it.. isnt the shape of a kettle.. with nutty audio inputs on top of the camera..  you can shoot audio in centre crop..  there you go.. question answered for free..purchase.. shoot.. make money..

But muh skintoneeeeeessszzzz...

Ultimately I have to use my EF lenses, so Sony wouldn't work out.

https://www.newsshoo...best-solutions/

Edited by Samuel Berger, 19 April 2018 - 11:00 PM.

#84 Tyler Purcell

Tyler Purcell
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4279 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:38 AM

Hehe If I wait for the perfect camera at the perfect price I will be waiting forever.

Well yea lol! I waited what, 10 years to buy an HD cinema camera. I'll be 5 years on top of that before I'll own a 4k camera thanks to the Pocket 4k.

I for sure wouldn't own any equipment if the price wasn't perfect for me. Heck, I got my XTR for peanuts.

If the Sigma zooms work with the DPAF, there's no reason for me to buy anything other than Canon.

What's DPAF?

Canon still glass doesn't have repeatable focus or focus marks/focus range sensitivity necessary for cinema.

#85 Samuel Berger

Samuel Berger
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1220 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Seattle

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:14 AM

What's DPAF?

Canon still glass doesn't have repeatable focus or focus marks/focus range sensitivity necessary for cinema.

DPAF is Dual Pixel Auto Focus and the source of all the buzz surrounding the C200.  It's like nothing seen before. And number one reason why only this camera is the right one for my needs.

#86 Tyler Purcell

Tyler Purcell
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4279 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:06 PM

DPAF is Dual Pixel Auto Focus and the source of all the buzz surrounding the C200.  It's like nothing seen before. And number one reason why only this camera is the right one for my needs.

Why do you need auto focus? You do know that only a hand-full of lenses focus fast enough to warrant things like double pixel autofocus. If you have a slower focusing lens, the benefits aren't there. Also when it doesn't work, you can't manually adjust because there won't be any focus range to do so.

#87 Samuel Berger

Samuel Berger
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1220 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Seattle

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:34 PM

Why do you need auto focus? You do know that only a hand-full of lenses focus fast enough to warrant things like double pixel autofocus. If you have a slower focusing lens, the benefits aren't there. Also when it doesn't work, you can't manually adjust because there won't be any focus range to do so.

I need auto-focus because I don't have a 1st AC. ;-) You should check out the reviews on the C200's DPAF! It's fast and incredibly reliable! Philip Bloom & Shane Hurlbut had never given autofocus a second thought until they saw the C200. Apparently the Sigma zooms work well with it, with just a few lenses being a bit noisy.

Edited by Samuel Berger, 21 April 2018 - 07:37 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: C300 Mark II, cinema camera, canon

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Ritter Battery

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

rebotnix Technologies

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineTape

Glidecam

Wooden Camera

The Slider

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment