#1 Alberto Díaz

Alberto Díaz
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Student
  • Madrid - Spain

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:47 AM

Hi everybody, I´m from Spain, so I`ll try to explain my doubt in my bad english.
I have a short as a DP in a park with Sony HD Z1, and It´s a very low-budget short, so I can't use lights.
The problem is that I have to do an effect: the day is cloudy and suddenly the sun appears behind a cloud.

Most of the short is with the sun shinning, and only a few shots in a cloudy day. So I think that we will shoot the cloudy shots begining the day, before the sun enter in the park( there are a lot of big buildings around). Wich filter I need to correct the light?, because 85 is too much. Or It´s better to do it in post-production because there isn't much diference?

The sun appears in a short shot (close-up?) I´ve been thinking( just a little) in the way to do this without lights, in a sunny day with the sun backlighting and white cards and light reflectant panels in front:

- Using light reflectant panels to create the effect, 3 options:
A- Put it far and bring it near the scene slowly ( may be is too difficult hold the reflection over the actor), and cut the sun light in the background with black cloths.
B- Putting ND6 and ND3 gels over the light reflectant panel and remove it slowly: first Nd 6, then Nd 3
sounds crazy?
C) Cut the light reflectant panel with black cloths, and remove it slowly. Too evident?

What do you think?
Thank you Kru.
Alberto Díaz
Student from Madrid.

Rig Wheels Passport

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Technodolly

Tai Audio

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Visual Products

Wooden Camera