2 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Vogel

Tim Vogel
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Producer

Posted 12 November 2005 - 09:10 AM

Tech Inc Productions and Attractions USA begin principal photography on Nov. 26th for 10-days of shooting at an abandoned state prison in Huntersville, NC. The prison will be the ?star? of the film.

A series of ?teaser? trailers were shot a couple weeks ago by our DP Ramon and myself. The Director/Writer starred as the tortured POW. He was almost really tortured. He did suffer for his art. The temps were in the upper 40?s to low 50?s, he was barefoot on a concrete floor being dragged through paint chips, dirt and debris. The prison had not been used in 10-years and is 60+ years old. The state will demolish it in Jan. and we plan to film that as well.

Links to the trailers: http://www.attractio...om/trailers.htm Click on any of the TOLERANCE links.

The official site is located at www.techincproductions.com

You can read all about the story line. The movie will have a ?non-typical? Hollywood ending.

#2 nathan masi

nathan masi
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2005 - 10:50 AM

Very nice clips. Good work all around. What are you filming on and what is your lighting setup like. I have to imagine an abandoned prison has some insanely cool lighting on its own, not to mention just being a cool set. Also, the titles that appeared behind the bars were a nice touch...very in-line with the mood of the shots.

#3 Tim Vogel

Tim Vogel
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Producer

Posted 15 November 2005 - 06:16 PM

Very nice clips. Good work all around. What are you filming on and what is your lighting setup like. I have to imagine an abandoned prison has some insanely cool lighting on its own, not to mention just being a cool set. Also, the titles that appeared behind the bars were a nice touch...very in-line with the mood of the shots.

Thanks nathan

Lighting is limited. Being low budget we are going with the natural light flodding through the old knocked out prison windows. Then in post we create the movie's style or "look" with higher contrasts and a bit of filtering.

The old walls are a light yellow. There is a lot of sunlight that comes through. If we get an investor on board we will be able to shoot this place and work at night. Just take a few 12K's and point them at the building from the outside and have some silks in place to difuse the light.

The titling effect I did in a second post. Using FCP I was able to "Luma Key" the video layer which allowed the letters to come through but not through the bars. Neat little trick.

We will be shooting with 2 dvx100A's and two Canon XL2's. One of the XL2's is mine and I will have it with a steadicam. That will be a busy camera unit. We will be doing 16:9 / 24p on the Canon's and 16:9 on the Panasonics.

We only have the place until January, when the state comes in to demolish it. I will be filming that process. I will be directing, producing and editing the end title sequences. It will be a mini-movie unto itself. It will incorporate the buildings demise.

Tai Audio

Technodolly

Metropolis Post

Opal

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

Visual Products

CineTape

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

Willys Widgets