#1 Joe Lotuaco

Joe Lotuaco
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Grip

Posted 13 November 2005 - 04:35 PM

Hello,

I'm a new film student and I've been rummaging through these awesome forums for weeks now and as I try to wrap my mind around all the information, a few questions popped into my head.

I recently picked up a Canon 514xls off of ebay for peanuts and I'm anxious to do some experimenting with it. I live in New York City and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good distributors or labs in nyc that cater to S8mm. I could probably just pick up a yellow pages and go to any number of the labs listed, but if I could get some personal recommendations and experiences with a particular, it would be greatly appreciated. Also I've read some recommendations for Spectra and with them being in California and me in NYC, would it be advisable to get my film stock from them and then send it back to them for processing and telecine? Again, whatever advice you guys can give would be awesome.

Joe Lotuaco

#2 Carl Weston

Carl Weston
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • New York City

Posted 13 November 2005 - 09:23 PM

Hello,

I'm a new film student and I've been rummaging through these awesome forums for weeks now and as I try to wrap my mind around all the information, a few questions popped into my head.

I recently picked up a Canon 514xls off of ebay for peanuts and I'm anxious to do some experimenting with it. I live in New York City and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good distributors or labs in nyc that cater to S8mm. I could probably just pick up a yellow pages and go to any number of the labs listed, but if I could get some personal recommendations and experiences with a particular, it would be greatly appreciated. Also I've read some recommendations for Spectra and with them being in California and me in NYC, would it be advisable to get my film stock from them and then send it back to them for processing and telecine? Again, whatever advice you guys can give would be awesome.
Joe Lotuaco

super8 lab in nyc
PAC LAB INC.
37 E. 1st Street NY, NY 10003
Phone (212) 505-7797 Fax (212) 475-6211

get your film direct from kodak @ 361 w 31 st

#3 Joe Lotuaco

Joe Lotuaco
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Grip

Posted 13 November 2005 - 10:17 PM

super8 lab in nyc
PAC LAB INC.
37 E. 1st Street NY, NY 10003
Phone (212) 505-7797 Fax (212) 475-6211

get your film direct from kodak @ 361 w 31 st

Thanks for the info, I will email them with more specific questions I have about their services. Are they the lab you use? If so, how is their service (customer service, processing/print/transfer quality, etc). Thanks.

#4 Carl Weston

Carl Weston
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • New York City

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:42 PM

The b&w service at pac-labs is same day and very good..thats all i can tell you.

web site
http://www.pac-lab.com/
......Lower east side

http://www.a1filmlab.com/
.....west side in the 30's

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio

Glidecam

Opal

Aerial Filmworks

Broadcast Solutions Inc