3 replies to this topic

#1 Evan Cox

Evan Cox
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Director

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:41 PM

I have a 16mm Bell and Howell 200 EE camera and I have no idea how to use it. I am new to the film world and am not even sure whether or not my camera even works. Do you need the film magazine for it to work?
I attached a picture. If somebody could help me with how to use this camera, I would be delighted. also, if someone could tell me what th emulsion thing does, that would be awesome.

Attached Images

• b_h.jpg

#2 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:02 PM

I have a 16mm Bell and Howell 200 EE camera and I have no idea how to use it. I am new to the film world and am not even sure whether or not my camera even works. Do you need the film magazine for it to work?
If somebody could help me with how to use this camera, I would be delighted. also, if someone could tell me what th emulsion thing does, that would be awesome.

I am always amazied at the high prices these things go for on E-bay.

I have bought a couple of them just for the lenses, and finders.

These take a 50 ft magazine, that Kodak used to make. Alan Gordon bought the magazine business for Kodak, and they were still showing magaizines available last time I looked.

They want about 30-40 dollars for the 2 minute load, and they expect their magazine to be returned in a month. You may be able to find some out of date film in this format on e-bay. One lad was offering a set of magazines for about 80 buck, with film he said is outdated - but thta he claims is OK.

The Camaera was made for Home movies before REGULAR 8 Came out. The magzine is fairly complicated to reload, and requires Double Perferated film, whihc is beoming hard to find as Kodak is emphasising Super 16 Production which requires single perf.

As far as use, You stick in a cartridge, door is at the back, whind the camera up. Set the exposure, and here you have a meter, in the EE model, but it probaly only goes up to 50 ASA. Depending on the lens you have you probaly have to focus. Push down on the button at the front, and with luck , the camera will whir.

Push up on the button and you can do single frames.

Or you can take the finder lens off and put that on a spool filmo.

#3 Evan Cox

Evan Cox
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Director

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:46 PM

Thanks a lot. For a while there I didn't think I'd get any help. I'll see if it works when I get film, which should be here any day now. Either way, I got a nifty wide-angle lense with it. One more question, does this record sound?

#4 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:23 PM

One more question, does this record sound?

NO!

Rig Wheels Passport

Opal

Visual Products

rebotnix Technologies

Technodolly

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets

Glidecam

The Slider