#1 dancordle

dancordle
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Director

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:42 PM

Greetings.

It has been interesting to read in this and other forums discussions of film vs. video. I like the look of both, depending on the project and execution, but am generally more attracted to film. This is, in part, because I grew up watching film. To me, film presents life in a more natural way. However, someone who grew up watching video might disagree. To them, video might seem more "real". On a recent Saturday morning I turned on the TV to see what kinds of programs kids are growing up with these days. Almost all of it is computer animation and video - a far cry from the filmed animation and the old movie re-runs I would watch as a kid. I wonder what impact the images that kids are watching today will have on their view of "reality". This pondering grew out of a fond remembrance I have of the old Westerns they used to run on TV every Saturday morning. The films often included exterior night scenes that were clearly shot during the day. Everything, including the cowboys was vividly blue. At the time, it seemed so real. Whatever the future holds, it's exciting to be living in a time where people's expectations are being tested, regardless of whether it is on film or video.

Best Regards,
Dan

CineLab

Glidecam

Ritter Battery

Technodolly

FJS International, LLC

Visual Products

The Slider

Paralinx LLC

Abel Cine

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS