Anybody know about this camera?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ronney Ross

Ronney Ross
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:22 PM

The seller didn't know about this camera. Sent a question to ask about frame rate but snagged the camera to not lose out on it. Does anybody know if there is a nikon that only shoots 18fps and not 24fps.

Thanks

Ronney Ross

Attached Images

• Nikon.jpg

#2 Ronney Ross

Ronney Ross
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 11:29 PM

Oh, I should have posted it earlier I mentioned that I snagged the camera as not to lose what I hope is a great deal, I got it off ebay as a buy now option for 5.99 snagged it b/c The cameras I have are 18fps (This is cool b/c I'm still learning to shoot film and the extra min will be useful.) but also I know I've seen these cameras (more pro grade Super 8 stuff) go for 150 and up and as long it works. These was a great blessing. Will shoot with it and post results once I recieve it Lord Willing I will get a chance to see how the Vision 200 stock looks with it.

-Ronney Ross

#3 steve hyde

steve hyde
  • Sustaining Members
  • 446 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Seattle

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:51 AM

Oh, I should have posted it earlier I mentioned that I snagged the camera as not to lose what I hope is a great deal, I got it off ebay as a buy now option for 5.99 snagged it b/c The cameras I have are 18fps (This is cool b/c I'm still learning to shoot film and the extra min will be useful.) but also I know I've seen these cameras (more pro grade Super 8 stuff) go for 150 and up and as long it works. These was a great blessing. Will shoot with it and post results once I recieve it Lord Willing I will get a chance to see how the Vision 200 stock looks with it.

-Ronney Ross

Looks like a Nikon Super Zoom - if it is it runs at 12, 18 and 24 and has manual exposure control.

Steve

#4 Mike Crane

Mike Crane
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:49 AM

I agree. Looks like a Zoom 8. If it works, you got a good deal on it. I think it also requires exposure batteries for auto exposure.

The camera seems to handle vision 200 super 8 quite well from what I have seen.

#5 steve hyde

steve hyde
  • Sustaining Members
  • 446 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Seattle

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:45 PM

I agree. Looks like a Zoom 8. If it works, you got a good deal on it. I think it also requires exposure batteries for auto exposure.

The camera seems to handle vision 200 super 8 quite well from what I have seen.

I have shot color negative with mine. With manual exposure cart notches are of little concern. The light meter requires a battery. I recomend using an external meter. It is a common practice to overexpose color negative films by up to a stop.

have fun,

Steve

#6 Matt Pacini

Matt Pacini
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1246 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:46 PM

Yep, the good old Nikon Super Zoom 8.
Decent little camera, nice for stealing shots, since it's so small.
The lens is pretty nice, not as sharp, or as fast, or as wide as the R-10 or R-8, but as a B camera, it's decent.
And yes, it shoots at 24fps, is both auto & manual exposure (if the internal meter works, and lots of these don't work anymore, so be sure you test)

MP

#7 John Hyde

John Hyde
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:35 PM

Keep your eye out for a Nikon R10 or R8. Pictures from these cameras are some of the best I have ever seen in super 8. Definitely superior to the Zoom 8.

#8 Anthony Schilling

Anthony Schilling
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1053 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Portland, OR

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:22 PM

Superzoom8, I have one but took the shutter out... I did shoot a test roll before i took it out and it gives really nice sharp images that were rock solid.

#9 Matt Pacini

Matt Pacini
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1246 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:00 PM

It will make decent images, but as the poster above said, it pales in comparison to the R-10.
I've shot about 350+ rolls through my R-10, and probably 25 rolls through a Super Zoom, and the difference is absolutely noticable, but if you're just starting out, it's not a bad camera to learn on.
Better than many cameras that look better and cost more!
MP

Ritter Battery

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Opal

Rig Wheels Passport

The Slider

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Aerial Filmworks

CineTape

Tai Audio

Wooden Camera

Visual Products