Chakradhar

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Director

Posted 24 November 2005 - 02:23 AM

Hi,

Im Chakradhar.B www.chakradhar.net professionally a web designer from Hyderabad, India.
My ambition, dream , desire, aim, goal and everything is to direct a movie. Im from a poor Indian family and couldnt learn ne thing professionally ( Technical aspects like photography , lighting , cameras etc ) I've started my life as a web designer and made some money to survive now.

Im planning to make a short film by own and want to learn about making. Pls do help me regarding this. Provide me information about how to make a movie.

Thanks.

#2 Robert Hughes

Robert Hughes
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Sound Department
  • Minneapolis

Posted 26 November 2005 - 12:51 AM

Welcome Mr. Chakradhar and congratulations on taking your first step in filmmaking. You sound like a day 1 newbie, and don't even know the questions that need to be asked yet, so we can't help you much at this stage. But for starters, read some books on independent filmmaking and learn about the process, equipment, and people that make it work. Also read some of the thousands of forum threads that exist on this and other sites that will help you get an idea of some of the issues you'll have to wrestle with in the near future.

If you don't know anything about photography, go find a used, manual adjustment 35mm camera and start taking pictures of the world around you; I know people who would pay thousands to fly to your town to photograph it, and you can do it for the price of the camera & film alone.

Also arrange for access to a video camcorder, perhaps shared with friends or borrowed from work, to get a feel for how movement adds a new dimension to the photographic image. Practise makes perfect, so go out and do it.

Good luck and best wishes -

Robert Hughes

Tai Audio

Willys Widgets

Aerial Filmworks

Metropolis Post

Opal

Glidecam

FJS International, LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc