Delorme Jean-Marie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • paris, france

Posted 24 November 2005 - 05:55 AM

Kodak just lounch this new stock
it's 16mm film, just like a super "flat" raw format digital image that goes thrue an hD box after being processed at the lab.
the box allows you to chose between 16 diferents "looks" of kodak stocks. (i'm i correct john?)
it's 500 asa but you can rate it at 320 as well.
you choose later between daylight or tungsten and +an - 2 stops correction later in the box.
grain is the one of a speed stock thow.
what do you think about that?

#2 John Pytlak RIP

John Pytlak RIP

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 3499 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Rochester, NY 14650-1922

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:41 PM

Kodak just lounch this new stock
it's 16mm film, just like a super "flat" raw format digital image that goes thrue an hD box after being processed at the lab.
the box allows you to chose between 16 diferents "looks" of kodak stocks. (i'm i correct john?)
it's 500 asa but you can rate it at 320 as well.
you choose later between daylight or tungsten and +an - 2 stops correction later in the box.
grain is the one of a speed stock thow.
what do you think about that?

7299 Technical Data:

http://www.kodak.com...1.4.4.4.6&lc=en

I understand the stock has had lots of interest from documentary filmmakers and television drama producers because of its flexibility in post.

http://www.kino-eye....5/03/index.html

16mm is hardly just for penny-pinching film students anymore. In fact, it hasn't been for quite a while, especially since the advent of Super 16, which can achieve remarkable HD quality these days (as long as it provides that required 16:9 aspect ratio). Upgrades to Kodak's Super 16mm film system--designed for HD and SD television--will be on display at the NAB show. The Kodak Vision2 HD System uses a new type of film with an advanced hybrid motion-imaging processing technology that takes advantage of proprietary Kodak coloring techniques. High-profile Kodak Super 16 HD motion pictures already aired have included "The Dale Earnhardt Story" last December on ESPN, and the mini-series "The Reagans" for CBS (which aired only on Showtime after a political firestorm over its portrayal of the former president).

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineTape

Wooden Camera

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Technodolly

Visual Products

Ritter Battery

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

Glidecam