#1 Nick Bentgen

Nick Bentgen

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:39 PM

I am a student filmmaker who has just begun shooting. Can anyone recommend a lab in or around New York that will process 1200' of reversal (Kodak Ektachrome 7250) normally AND do a good best lite of that footage? Thanks.

-Nick

#2 Chris Burke

Chris Burke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1724 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:20 PM

I am a student filmmaker who has just begun shooting. Can anyone recommend a lab in or around New York that will process 1200' of reversal (Kodak Ektachrome 7250) normally AND do a good best lite of that footage? Thanks.

-Nick

check out movielab.com, they are not in new york, but you can't beat their prices.

#3 John Pytlak RIP

John Pytlak RIP

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 3499 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Rochester, NY 14650-1922

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:16 PM

The Kodak website has a lab directory with the processes provided by each lab --- up to date as the information that the labs supply to Kodak:

http://www.kodak.com.../labLocator.cgi (lab directory)

http://www.kodak.com....1.4.13.4&lc=en (to update)

#4 Eugene Lehnert

Eugene Lehnert
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Other
  • New York, NY

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:38 PM

www.pac-lab.com

They are in the bottom floor of an old apartment building on 1st and 1st by the F train. They are dirty but they are quick and I love 'em. The only catch is they process reversal film with the VNF process not that E-6 thing. Even though I've shot a few rolls of the new Ektachrome stock and had it processed there VNF style pushed a stop and thought the projected film looked quite nice with a lot of solid rich color and blacks.

But I wouldn't get anything transferred to video there. I'd bring it somewhere else.

Edited by Eugene Lehnert, 07 December 2005 - 05:39 PM.

#5 John Pytlak RIP

John Pytlak RIP

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 3499 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Rochester, NY 14650-1922

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:53 PM

www.pac-lab.com

They are in the bottom floor of an old apartment building on 1st and 1st by the F train. They are dirty but they are quick and I love 'em. The only catch is they process reversal film with the VNF process not that E-6 thing. Even though I've shot a few rolls of the new Ektachrome stock and had it processed there VNF style pushed a stop and thought the projected film looked quite nice with a lot of solid rich color and blacks.

Last year, producer Chris Wilcha shot a "bumper" clip for the Sundance Channel featuring me and Bob Moussally of Pac-Lab discussing the use of "China Girl" for color control. Here's the clip:

http://www.athletics...jects.php?id=33

As you may know, I developed the Kodak Laboratory Aim Density (LAD) and "LAD Girl" control method used by many labs to help control color balance and duplication. "LAD Girl" was recently featured in a photo exhibit at Harvard called "Girls on Film". And I was honored with an Academy Technical Achievement Award presented by Renee Zellweger in March 2001.

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies

FJS International, LLC

Metropolis Post

Aerial Filmworks

Wooden Camera

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

Technodolly

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Paralinx LLC

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment