• Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Brisbane

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:39 AM

Hi guys,

http://www.hereticar...m/spiritweb.mov

this is a little experimental clip i shot last week with some leftover rolls, i shot with an arri sr2 super 16, filmstock was Kodak EXR 50D and Fuji 64D for outdoors and Kodak Vision 2 500t for the studio stuff. was the first clip that i edited myself so please dont be too rough on that :)

what do you think about it ?

#2 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 04 December 2005 - 12:29 PM

Hi guys,

this is a little experimental clip i shot last week with some leftover rolls, i shot with an arri sr2 super 16, filmstock was Kodak EXR 50D and Fuji 64D for outdoors and Kodak Vision 2 500t for the studio stuff. was the first clip that i edited myself so please dont be too rough on that :)

Hi,

I liked the images outside, how many stops over were the highlights on the girls dress?

Stephen

#3 Tim J Durham

Tim J Durham
  • Sustaining Members
  • 742 posts
  • Director
  • East Coast, Baby!

Posted 04 December 2005 - 12:44 PM

Hi guys,

Dominik,
There were some very cool shots there AND I liked the music (Moby?) which almost never happens when people post their reels. Particularly when you cut to the single image of the girl dancing with the harsh side lighting. She looked metallic, almost like mercury.

My complaint would be that some of the shots were repetitive and you stayed on some of them too long but
this wasn't your demo reel, just experimental so you have to leave it up long enough to see how it looks. If you DO use some shots for your reel (I would) just leave them up briefly so people don't have time to figure out exactly what they're looking at. You want to tantalize and put the viewer off-balance, not beat someone over the head with your visual genious. Leave 'em wanting more- so you could use ALL those shots in about a 10 second sequence on your reel and it could be very effective.

We've all looked up just in time to get a half-glimpse of the lady in the tight dress just as she's turning a far corner out of our view. What do you do? You run to the corner to get a full view. That brief glimpse has tantalized you. You're not quite sure what you saw but you need to find out.

Good stuff.

#4 Dominik Muench

Dominik Muench
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Brisbane

Posted 04 December 2005 - 06:50 PM

thank you.

stephen: im not exactly sure but i would say probably two stops over, i was bracketing a little bit with most of the shots, just to get some variety.

tim: yes you are right some of the shots are a little bit long, but i didnt really have much other footage to fill up the duration of the song :/ for my reel i deff. make them shorter. the music came from a cd or group called culture clash and is around 7 years old.

Metropolis Post

rebotnix Technologies

FJS International, LLC

Visual Products

Opal

Abel Cine

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineLab

Tai Audio

Wooden Camera

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS