krasnogorsk k3

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JasoN Artiga

JasoN Artiga
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:54 AM

I recently shot my short film using the arri bl, and the krasnogorsk k3, when I had gotten the dallies back, you could not tell the differnce between the the two, I had used vision 500t expression,for both cameras. Cleaning your krasnogorsk thouroughly, before shooting is a must, by swabbing the mirror shutter with alcohol, While using a mag lite to see if there is any hairs, (you have to look through the diaopter while flashing the light through, with the lens off) use squabs instead of swabs(leaves no paticles in lens). But the biggest advice I can offer somebody is the use of m42mount lenses, these are better than using a meteor zoom lens, and offer a more variety, mainly because availability. I accidently overcranked my k3 and poped the springs along with a key, it takes a wrench to turn it now, will I ever buy another one.....My answer is hell yea!!!

The krasnogorsk offers the flexability for its shear size, and weight, however you can get max of 15sec long takes, it is strongly reccomended to use for pick up shots (which save you time and money), for beggining film students this camera is a must when cameras are scarce in certain campuses.

Remember maintaing the k3 will offer you some of the best fotage.

#2 Ian Marks

Ian Marks
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:53 PM

I'm glad that you're getting such good results from your K-3. I agree with you about the importance of maitaining your camera in order to obtain the best possible results. However, I would caution people to be very careful about applying any kind of liquid or cleaning solution to a mirror shutter. Some of these are front surface mirrors and the application of a solution can ruin the silvering. In the case of the K3, this might not be a problem (I don't have one, so I'm not sure). Also, I do not recommend the use of squabs, or any other small animals, to clean your mirror!

Technodolly

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Visual Products

Wooden Camera

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

Aerial Filmworks

Glidecam

The Slider

CineTape