Tim Tyler

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1291 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Olympia, WA (US)

Posted 09 December 2005 - 12:36 PM

Designed by Cinematographer John Wheeler ACS, the Wheeler Sunpredictor? is the world?s most sophisticated hand-held sun prediction software. It instantly calculates the position of the sun for any date and time anywhere in the world. Its portability, intuitive graphical display and GPS based location input make it an ideal tool for cinematographers, photographers, production designers and location coordinators. It is an essential tool for planning shots and fine tuning locations.

The Wheeler Sunpredictor? displays the sun?s position both graphically, as a daily transit path, and numerically, as compass bearing, angle of elevation, date and time of day. Sunrise, Total hours of Sunlight and Sunset are also displayed. Calculations can be made by Time, Date, Compass Bearing or Angle of Elevation. All calculations are instant. Location parameters can be saved to a database, allowing location information to be repeatedly accessed without the need to re-input data. No more laptops, no more print outs, with the Sunpredictor? the whole day is laid out before you, and you can keep it in your pocket.

?I was recently in Queenstown, New Zealand shooting a commercial and found the Wheeler Sunpredictor absolutely indispensable for giving me the times and bearings of where the sun was going to pop over the surrounding mountains. I needed to know exactly so that we could arrange the shooting day in advance. It made me realize just how useful it would have been in Mexico and the Galapagos for the very demanding exteriors on ?Master and Commander?.?
- Russell Boyd ACS ASC
(Director of Photography ? ?Master and Commander?)

Visit http://www.sunpredictor.com for more information and a free fully functional 7 day free trial.

Attached Images

• pda_cropped.jpg

CineTape

Glidecam

Ritter Battery

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

Paralinx LLC

Metropolis Post

Visual Products

Gamma Ray Digital Inc