#1 andres victorero

andres victorero
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Spain

Posted 14 December 2005 - 07:00 AM

Hi everyone, I recently bought a leica adaptor M42 for leicina S8 cameras. I´m looking for a good primes for my leicina special. I see in ebay tons of these lens but how i´m a bit lost :unsure:
do you know a good prime lenses? what brand? russian lens are good?
I asume that a 50 mm. M42 prime lens in leicina s8 cam will be .... 200 mm? :unsure:

thanks

Edited by andres victorero, 14 December 2005 - 07:02 AM.

#2 Adam Paul

Adam Paul
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Here and now

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:34 AM

I take it you already have the Cinegon 10mm that was specially adapted for the Leicina Special? If not, that should be your first prime, since it's the only one "designed" for the Leicina. But I'm in no way a Leicina or Super-8 expert. Santo or Sparky will probably chime in and give you all the advice you will ever need on all things Leicina Special. They are the Leicina experts around here.

Edited by Adampaul, 14 December 2005 - 08:35 AM.

#3 santo

santo
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2005 - 09:34 AM

I think I'd call myself a serious enthusiast rather than an expert when it comes to this camera.

Your two best bets, andres, are the Super-Takumar 2.8mm f3.5 or the SMC Takumar 2.8mm f3,5
Posted Image

and the Zeiss Jena Flektogon 20mm, preferably in f2,8mm form.
Posted Image

Both lenses would make exceptional "super 8 longs" for close-ups. Or if you're shooting outdoors for pleasure, you'll be able to find a lot of use for them. Won't find better than these in m42 mount for the application.

Both are regularly available on ebay. The Takumar is really cheap and represents astonishing value for the money, while the Flektogon is wider (8mm is a lot in super 8 terms), but more expensive.

#4 andres victorero

andres victorero
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Spain

Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:04 PM

I take it you already have the Cinegon 10mm that was specially adapted for the Leicina Special? If not, that should be your first prime, since it's the only one "designed" for the Leicina. But I'm in no way a Leicina or Super-8 expert. Santo or Sparky will probably chime in and give you all the advice you will ever need on all things Leicina Special. They are the Leicina experts around here.

yes i´m finding a Cinegon 10 mm. ut is very hard to find one in ebay (I don´t see one at the moment)

Thanks a lot Santo for your reply, is very important to me. Congrats for your tests, a great improvement to get the best of the super 8 cams. ;)

Edited by andres victorero, 14 December 2005 - 12:07 PM.

Glidecam

rebotnix Technologies

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly

CineLab

Metropolis Post

Ritter Battery

CineTape

Visual Products

Gamma Ray Digital Inc