5 replies to this topic

#1 Evan Cox

Evan Cox
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Director

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:28 PM

I have a JVC GR-D30U miniDV camera. It worked quite well for some time, but now it does not. When I turn it on, I get all the little digital lights and such, but the screen is black, as if I had left the lensecap on (though I did not). IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO SAVE IT?

#2 Charlie Seper

Charlie Seper
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2005 - 07:06 PM

Try making sure you have it set for AVI out instead if in. Even though you generally get at this through the "play" menu it'll still effect your recording. I don't have the same model as you but that's what I'd look at first.

Edited by Charlie Seper, 16 December 2005 - 07:07 PM.

#3 Evan Cox

Evan Cox
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Director

Posted 19 December 2005 - 02:05 PM

I can find no such option on my play menu, or any of the other menus, but thanks for trying to help.

#4 Michael Collier

Michael Collier
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1262 posts
  • Gaffer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 19 December 2005 - 02:55 PM

Try to attach a monitor to the output and see if the camera has any video signal. If not your block could be messed up. Also try and record something and see if it puts anything other than black video to tape. It could just be the LCD, but it sounds like it could be worse than that.

#5 Evan Cox

Evan Cox
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Director

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:36 PM

I connected it to my t.v. and it was black, I tried to record something and it came out black. I'm completely stumped. I sent a message to the JVC guys, but they don't seem to like to talk much.

#6 gregorscheer

gregorscheer
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2006 - 12:24 PM

I connected it to my t.v. and it was black, I tried to record something and it came out black. I'm completely stumped. I sent a message to the JVC guys, but they don't seem to like to talk much.

Looks like all you can do is see the repair guys a jvc they do have a hotline but are truly hard to reach I have been working with that camera model through many wedding and comercial productions, and found the image quality impressive for the price. I have no other Idea than there must be something broken. Do you still have the warranty?

Technodolly

Wooden Camera

Willys Widgets

CineTape

Opal

FJS International, LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Visual Products

Ritter Battery

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab