2 Perf 35mm

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Gannon

Josh Gannon
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:50 PM

Hello,

I'm a film student at QCA in Brisbane and I'm about to undertake my final year which will invole the extreamly important graduate film. My calling card when I eventually finish and begin looking for work.

I have done a tonne of research into 2perf & DI and have decided that this format suits my script and will be afordable way of shooting 35. I know Atlab have no prblem with it and Cutting edge telecine 2perf so I'm all set on the processing and DI side of things.

My problem is that none of the camera houses in queensland have a 2perf camera. I am appealing for any help anybody could give me on getting a camera to brisbane for a week or so, mid next year which isn't going to cost me and arm and a leg. We are willing to pay and the University covers the insurence but we are running on an extreamly tight budget.

If anybody out there has any info on 2perf rental houses or has shot a film on 2perf and could give me some pointers it would be much appreciated.

Josh Gannon

Attached Images

• sleighing_santa_web.jpg

Edited by Josh Gannon, 15 December 2005 - 09:53 PM.

#2 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 16 December 2005 - 03:13 AM

Hi,

Take a look at this
http://www.2perf.arandafilm.com.au/

Bruce has made most of the 2 perf conversions as far as I Know. He should be able to tell you where to look.

Stephen

My problem is that none of the camera houses in queensland have a 2perf camera. I am appealing for any help anybody could give me on getting a camera to brisbane for a week or so, mid next year which isn't going to cost me and arm and a leg. We are willing to pay and the University covers the insurence but we are running on an extreamly tight budget.

Josh Gannon

#3 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19759 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 16 December 2005 - 03:45 AM

http://www.multivisi...om.au/home.html

#4 Josh Gannon

Josh Gannon
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2005 - 07:57 PM

http://www.multivisi...om.au/home.html

Thanks David, I had a friend of mine attempt to get a Multivision camera to Brisbane earlier this year and he was told that it would be pretty much impossable. I am goin to try again myself but it didn't seem to likely.

Glidecam

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineTape

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

Opal

Wooden Camera

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

The Slider

Abel Cine