#1 Eugene Lehnert

Eugene Lehnert
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Other
  • New York, NY

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:50 PM

I recently shot a bunch of footage with a new Super16 Bolex I purchased. I've gotten some of the film back that I shot and my shots are consistently uneven and I have some edge fogging.

When in a telecine session can I zoom into the image and recrop it? When doing this can I also rotate it to level the image out?

I obviously need to get the camera looked overhauled as I did get it off Ebay. The conversion was done out in Las Vegas. The edge fogging might also have been from handling the daylight spools in broad daylight.

But other than that the stuff I shot looks pretty damn sharp. Especially with the new 50D stock from Kodak. I could barely see grain in many of my shots. I wish I had shot more tests with the camera.

#2 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:03 AM

Hi,

If the edge fogging is just at the beginning or end then its the direct light on the daylight spools.

All telecines are sold with various options, most but not all can zoom and rotate.

Stephen

I recently shot a bunch of footage with a new Super16 Bolex I purchased. I've gotten some of the film back that I shot and my shots are consistently uneven and I have some edge fogging.

When in a telecine session can I zoom into the image and recrop it? When doing this can I also rotate it to level the image out?

I obviously need to get the camera looked overhauled as I did get it off Ebay. The conversion was done out in Las Vegas. The edge fogging might also have been from handling the daylight spools in broad daylight.

But other than that the stuff I shot looks pretty damn sharp. Especially with the new 50D stock from Kodak. I could barely see grain in many of my shots. I wish I had shot more tests with the camera.

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

The Slider

Technodolly

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

Abel Cine

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio