Photo

Anyone purchased "Hollywood camera work"?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mathis Nitschke

Mathis Nitschke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Director

Posted 25 December 2005 - 03:02 PM

Any reviews of the DVD set out here?

This product: http://www.hollywoodcamerawork.us/
I think it looks really interesting, I´m just a bit slow in purchasing because of its price...

Bests,
- Mathis

Edited by mathis, 25 December 2005 - 03:03 PM.

#2 Michael Althaus

Michael Althaus
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Other
  • Santa Monica / Switzerland

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:37 AM

Yes I did and I think it's worth the money. It gives you a lot of information about camera movement, blocking and staging. Actually, I think you have to watch the DVD's several times to catch up everything... (I'm in a hurry, I have to go. I will write more later....)

#3 Alex Ellerman

Alex Ellerman
  • Sustaining Members
  • 228 posts
  • Other
  • Chicago

Posted 26 December 2005 - 04:18 PM

i bought it - well worth the money for me... i'm a writer / director, though, so your mileage will vary... i will say this, the guy who puts out the dvd set (Per is his name) is a first class individual who answers questions and posts exercises that follow up the learning in the dvd (which i also happen to think is first class).

there is an old thread about it...
ae

#4 Mathis Nitschke

Mathis Nitschke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Director

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:45 AM

Thanks guys, very helpful!

#5 david west

david west
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2005 - 03:32 PM

i bought it - well worth the money for me... i'm a writer / director, though, so your mileage will vary... i will say this, the guy who puts out the dvd set (Per is his name) is a first class individual who answers questions and posts exercises that follow up the learning in the dvd (which i also happen to think is first class).

there is an old thread about it...
ae

i just purchased it via the Christmas special.... i wont get it until after the first of the year, but i have to say
that the quick and professional response from Per is amazing.... the forum is similar to this one for those that have purchased his product and it is primarily about his product with blocking exercises and similar topics... sort of like having a private tutor for the price of a dvd set.... i doubt that anyone serious about producing films or video would ever regret the purchase....

#6 George Stratford

George Stratford
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 30 December 2005 - 04:01 AM

I agree too, I also bought it and it`s very informative. Worth the money indeed!

Coady Marshall

#7 Oskar Lissheim-Boethius

Oskar Lissheim-Boethius

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Sound Department

Posted 14 January 2006 - 03:49 PM

i just purchased it via the Christmas special....

Darn, there was a Christmas special?!

Found the samples on the website very helpful. Just a bit hesitant to buy because of the price. They should get together an educational discount.

Imagine how all the amateur videos/films would be improved in production-quality by these techniques if it was affordable enough to get into every man's hands. No more gagging while watching a low-budget flick because of bad camera movement at least :)

#8 Mathis Nitschke

Mathis Nitschke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Director

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:11 PM

Darn, there was a Christmas special?!

Found the samples on the website very helpful. Just a bit hesitant to buy because of the price. They should get together an educational discount.

Imagine how all the amateur videos/films would be improved in production-quality by these techniques if it was affordable enough to get into every man's hands. No more gagging while watching a low-budget flick because of bad camera movement at least :)

I also bought it via christmas special and just watched the first DVD and it´s great. It really breaks down the grammar.

Search a bit on google. Per is active on some forums (if I remember right, one of them is machinima.com) and for these forum members there´s also a good discount.

FJS International, LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Opal

CineLab

Aerial Filmworks

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

Wooden Camera

rebotnix Technologies

Abel Cine

Willys Widgets

Gamma Ray Digital Inc