spotlights?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lukeo

Lukeo
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2005 - 05:20 PM

Hey,

I'm thinking about buying a spotlight to go with my lighting kit. Do all of them come with the focusable fresnel type lens? What is the cheapest i could get one for brand new, and what brand or model do you think is a good one for somebody who does mainly shooting on video? Also would it be acceptable to use a theatrical fesnel spotlight, or are they do heavy and do they need extra stuff? Does anybody make any lowbudget focusable lights with home hardware supplies? i just find my kit is limiting with the open face lights. thanks for reading.

Luke

is this light decent for what i need?

LOWEL P210 PRO-LIGHT AC/DC VID LIGHT W/O
With its high intensity #2 Reflector & Prismatic Glass, the tiny focusable Pro-Light is more efficient than a mini-fresnel of equal wattage, yet it gives an exquisite even light, with fresnel like shadow quality
It can be used as a low-level key or accent light, fill light (with diffusion), or backlight
In addition to a wide variety of customizing accessories, its versatility can be increased by adding a DC adapter cable & swapping its bulb for use as a camera-top fixture
Change the setting from "spot" to "flood" position, or anywhere in between by turning knob on side of unit. Has a focus range of 5:1 with GCA lamp
The front end comes off for easy access, no-tool lamp change
Substituting the prismatic glass for the optional clear glass turns light into a non-focusing, high intensity spotlight, for long throw situations
250 Watts maximum
Pro socket
Prismatic Glass
Reflector (Mirror)
High intensity #2 reflector
Fits on any standard 5/8" stand or stud
4' captive cable
Focusing - Continuously variable
Weight with cable 2 lbs
Dimensions 4.6 x 5 x 3.7"

Edited by Lukeo, 27 December 2005 - 05:24 PM.

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

rebotnix Technologies

Glidecam

Willys Widgets

FJS International, LLC

Opal

Paralinx LLC

Tai Audio

Metropolis Post

CineLab

Abel Cine