Photo

THE CONSEQUENCES OF LOVE (Le Conseguenze dell’Amore)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Keith Mottram

Keith Mottram
  • Sustaining Members
  • 824 posts
  • Other

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:40 AM

Finally got around to seeing this stocking filler of mine yesterday and from the very first frame I was hooked. Luca Bigazzi's cinematography was incredibly stylised but rarely distracting, with bold superreal- yet seemingly naturalistic tones. The ambiance created in the swiss hotel placed the building as a powerful secondary character and the cast were all top notch. But it was the movement of the camera which has left a strong impression on me, the film is filled with tracking shots but the framing is never lost in the desire for movement. For me this is something of an exception, all to often the framing only hold for parts of movement - whereas in this film the framing holds for the duration of the shots. One, admitedly showy, shot sticks in my mind where the camera moves over the prone body of the lead (Toni Servillo) on his bed rotating over him in an almost motion control like manner, this is only one of the stunning shots in this film though. Anyone else seen this picture and has anyone seen any other films shot by Luca Bigazzi or directed by Paolo Sorrentino? I will be pounding my credit card on Amazon for more work by these two talents.

Keith

rebotnix Technologies

Glidecam

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

Metropolis Post

Rig Wheels Passport

Opal

CineTape

Wooden Camera

Visual Products

Paralinx LLC