Photo

KRASNOGORSK-3 - How long can this camera run for?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas Barnwell

Thomas Barnwell

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Other

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:55 PM

I was wondering if anyone knew how long the KRASNOGORSK-3 can run on a single wind? Would it be possible to burn through an entire 100 ft spool? Thanks in advance.

-Thomas

#2 Trevor Greenfield

Trevor Greenfield
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Director
  • North Idaho

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:16 PM

on a wind it will last about 24 seconds at 24fps, if you undercrank you will obviously gain more time but only in seconds. It might be possible to hit a minute @ 8fps.

Optionally you can have a TCS crystal-synch motor installed http://www.tobincinemasystems.com/ but that is about $500 just for the motor then you need to have it installed or do it yourself if you have the cajones and equipment.

#3 Rod Otaviano

Rod Otaviano
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Other

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:19 PM

I was wondering if anyone knew how long the KRASNOGORSK-3 can run on a single wind? Would it be possible to burn through an entire 100 ft spool? Thanks in advance.

-Thomas

Approximately 20 to 25 seconds at 24fps when wound completely.

#4 3ldfilms

3ldfilms
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 03:05 PM

You would need to add an electric motor to burn through an entire hundred foot spool

ED

#5 Clive Tobin

Clive Tobin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Spokane Valley, WA, USA

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:54 PM

Optionally you can have a TCS crystal-synch motor installed http://www.tobincinemasystems.com/ but that is about $500 just for the motor then you need to have it installed or do it yourself if you have the cajones and equipment.

Thanks for the plug but we are out of the TXM-20K crystal motors and I don't think we will be able to make any more of them. Possibly Du-All Camera or Kiev USA might still have some.

#6 3ldfilms

3ldfilms
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:05 PM

Hey Clive...

Since I saw you respond, I actually had a question for you.

I got a K-3 with one of your motors but it doesn't run at 12 fps. Any reason that you can think of that would cause it not to run at 12 but to run fine at the other speeds?

#7 Trevor Greenfield

Trevor Greenfield
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Director
  • North Idaho

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:15 PM

Thanks for the plug but we are out of the TXM-20K crystal motors and I don't think we will be able to make any more of them. Possibly Du-All Camera or Kiev USA might still have some.

Clive :huh:

You guys were out of the motors for so long and I spent months watching and waiting for when you were going to add them. Finally you did in the middle of 2k5. Now you wont carry them again? I have a k3 and was considering selling it in a few months to a friend who is trying to get a few and wants to crystal synch them. Why??? You're the only hope for crystal-synch modders!

#8 Rod Otaviano

Rod Otaviano
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Other

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:28 PM

Clive :huh:

You guys were out of the motors for so long and I spent months watching and waiting for when you were going to add them. Finally you did in the middle of 2k5. Now you wont carry them again? I have a k3 and was considering selling it in a few months to a friend who is trying to get a few and wants to crystal synch them. Why??? You're the only hope for crystal-synch modders!

Hey Trevor,

Talk to Jeff Gal from Du-All Camera. They have some motors left (at least they did a month ago when I called him).

And they do the install for you as well. High quality service.

Cheers,

Paralinx LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Wooden Camera

CineTape

Opal

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

CineLab

Willys Widgets