#1 Gino Terribilini

Gino Terribilini
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Student
  • Long Beach, CA

Posted 02 January 2006 - 03:38 PM

Has anybody found some good deals on cheap 16mm film stock? I know Kodak has some student rate, but i'm not taking any film classes right now and they have you send your class schedule to them. Anyway, if you know of any deals or have any film laying around, let me know. I'm looking for some 250D and 500T (or equivilant) film on 400' reels.. maybe 200'. Thanks!

Gino Terribilini
Gino@MotusPictures.com

Edited by Gino Terribilini, 02 January 2006 - 03:38 PM.

#2 JonathanSheneman

JonathanSheneman
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:18 PM

Has anybody found some good deals on cheap 16mm film stock? I know Kodak has some student rate, but i'm not taking any film classes right now and they have you send your class schedule to them. Anyway, if you know of any deals or have any film laying around, let me know. I'm looking for some 250D and 500T (or equivilant) film on 400' reels.. maybe 200'. Thanks!

Gino Terribilini
Gino@MotusPictures.com

Ebay.

Film emporium, etc.. short end houses basically they buy un-used film from filmmakers/production companies.

You can buy 100'-200' lengths for .10 cents per foot or something like that.

Do a search on google or perferred search engine using words like "short ends", "recans".

#3 certifiedfilm.com

certifiedfilm.com

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Industry Rep

Posted 28 January 2006 - 04:06 PM

Hi Gino,

Take a look at our current specials.
Just click the specials link on the top left hand corner on our site.
www.certifiedfilm.com

Regards,

Peter
Certified Film

Gino Terribilini
Gino@MotusPictures.com

#4 gregorscheer

gregorscheer
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:58 PM

I saw 400' T500 fresh (less than a year old and refrigerated) for $109 buy it now on ebay today. Check it out

#5 Scott Fritzshall

Scott Fritzshall
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:35 AM

Gino Terribilini
Gino@MotusPictures.com

Do they check to see if you're actually taking film classes, or just that you're a student? I know a lot of places ask for your schedule just so they can verify that you're actually a current student, but Kodak may not care whether you're actually enrolled in film classes. Or maybe you've talked to them already and I'm wrong. ;)

#6 John King

John King
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Other
  • Burkesville, Kentucky

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:47 PM

Mr. Terribilini,

I don't know if this will help but I was reading in Robert Rodriguez's book Rebel Without A Crew (1995) that after releasing his film El Mariachi he was approached by a lady representative from Kodak (from whom he bought all his film stock). She told him that she wished she had known about him as she could have saved him a lot of money. She told him "We [Kodak] give discounts to independent filmmakers" He asked her how he was supposed to know about it and she replied "Oh, we don't advertise it" [p. 174]
So you might ask Kodak about discounts for independent filmmakers and also about bulk purchases (usually you can get a big discount for bulk purchases in everything else--why not film?)

Other than that keep your eyes peeled on ebay. Many times good offers come across in the movie camera section (if you're not familiar with Ebay's set up, go to 'Cameras & Photo' then to 'Movie' and start your shopping) I got quite lucky here recently. I bought 19 cans @400ft. each for a total of 7600 feet of Fuji (T64 and D64) for $1300. That's right around .17 cents per foot. The film was only 6 months old and well cared for so overall it was a great deal for me.

Not long after that I got a mixed bag of film stock (somewhere around 4620ft.) for $202. This film was a little older but also well kept, and also --again-- a mixed bag of stocks that may or may not match up well but for less than .04 cents a foot, I thought it was worth the risk.

Lastly the folks at Certified Film look to have some pretty good deals too!

Hope this helps

John Mark King
kin0pic_studio

#7 John Pytlak RIP

John Pytlak RIP

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 3499 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Rochester, NY 14650-1922

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:54 PM

Again, meet with your Kodak sales representative and let them know your situation. They will help you take advantage of any discounts you are entitled to:

http://www.kodak.com...d=0.1.4.5&lc=en

http://www.kodak.com.....equestid=8510

http://www.kodak.com...d=0.1.4.3&lc=en

Visual Products

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

CineLab

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets

Abel Cine

Aerial Filmworks

rebotnix Technologies