Photo

Screenwriter looking for a DP in Cincy or NKY.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Smaisch

Smaisch
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Other

Posted 04 January 2006 - 03:58 PM

Hello all. I am new here so forgive me is this is in the wrong forum or a break of etiquette.

I am a professional screenwriter with 1 sold theatrical release screenplay and 2 optioned. Recently I have been craving to get some experience behind the camera and direct a short film I am currently writing. It is intentionally unambitious and could be used for local actors and crew demo reels.

This will be a not for profit shoot and hopefull only take 3-5 days. What I am seeking is a DP or someone with enough experience behind a camera to want to try the DP position.

What I will have-

An inexperienced crew, some local actors, a decent script, some cash for the project, and a lot of creativity and enthusiasm.

What I need -

Someone with some experience behind the camera, preferably digital. I would love it if they had the camera itself, but there will be room in the budget for the equipment rental (but the more we bring the lower the budget and the more movie we can make). Someone that is local, has a great sense of humor, and is looking to pad their reel or just get some extra exposure.

If there is anyone you know that fits the bill please feel free to have them contact me at smaisch@insightbb.com

#2 Greg Gross

Greg Gross
  • Sustaining Members
  • 869 posts
  • Harrisburg,PA

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:43 PM

Quoting my favorite director,Sydney Pollack and not in his exact words:
"Usually when I have fun making a movie,it does not turn out to be a good film".
I'd be happy to DP for you. My fee would be $5000.00 per day and I prefer Pana-
vision equipment. Please advise and if you wish to contract me,advise also on your
shooting schedule. You may find my e-mail on Cinematography.com. I like Panavis-
ion primes and please no zoom lenses.

Greg Gross

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Tai Audio

CineTape

Willys Widgets

Ritter Battery

The Slider

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

Technodolly