• 101 posts
  • Other
  • New York, NY

Posted 05 January 2006 - 02:44 AM

Hi, I just bought a Kinor 16mm camera and it came with three lenses

10-100 zoom,
12-120 zoom,
6 mm wide angle

Does anyone know if these lenses are enough for "squeezing" out for this camera the best image it can deliver? (I will also be doing a lot of night shots with "available" lighting).

Could you recommend lenses which could deliver superior picture? (Let's suppose that DP is pretty, and its upto the lens now)

Many thanks eveyrone and Happy New Year!

#2 Raymond O'Neil

Raymond O'Neil
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Other
  • New York, NY

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:03 AM

I was also wondering: the view finder is a bit dirty (its a TTL based viewfinder) and the previous owner told me that it would not affect the quality of the image. Is that true?

Thank you

#3 Ian Marks

Ian Marks
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2006 - 12:40 PM

Bits of dust on the ground glass and specks in the optical path of the viewfinder should not have any effect on the image recorded on the film; however, if your viewfinder is very dirty there could be other bits of stuff floating around in your camera that may have an effect on its operation, so your camera could probably use a good cleaning. Of course you want to make sure that there there are no hairs or film scraps in the gate, where they will be recorded on the film (or scratch it).

I once corresponded with someone who had the 10-100 Kinor zoom adapted for his Eclair, and he said it was optically excellent, comparable to the Zeiss on which it is based. Hope this helps.

#4 Ole Dost

Ole Dost
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:51 PM

Bits of dust on the ground glass and specks in the optical path of the viewfinder should not have any effect on the image recorded on the film; however, if your viewfinder is very dirty there could be other bits of stuff floating around in your camera that may have an effect on its operation, so your camera could probably use a good cleaning. Of course you want to make sure that there there are no hairs or film scraps in the gate, where they will be recorded on the film (or scratch it).

I once corresponded with someone who had the 10-100 Kinor zoom adapted for his Eclair, and he said it was optically excellent, comparable to the Zeiss on which it is based. Hope this helps.

I´m using the Kinor with the 10-100mm zoom -it´s just great. Someone told me, that it offers at least the same quality as the zeiss original. The 12-120mm Zoom is a copy of the Angénieux 12-120mm. Like the original, it is said to be too soft and the quality is lower than the 10-100. I´m not using the 12-120mm Zoom, but I have been told by an expert, that I should always prefer the 10-100mm Zoom. By the way: it should be delivered with a wide angle adapter. It turns the 10-100mm Zoom in a 6mm wide angle -lens. The optical qualitiy is great.
OLe

Glidecam

FJS International, LLC

CineLab

Visual Products

Abel Cine

CineTape

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Wooden Camera

Willys Widgets

Aerial Filmworks