New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London

Posted 05 January 2006 - 03:40 PM

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could possibly download icons of lights for floorplans? If you've ever read a copy of ASC magazine you'll know the kind of thing I'm talking about, little icons of redheads, blondes, maxibrutes etc.. They must get them from somewhere, but God knows where.. An extensive & exhaustive google search yielded nothing, so although it's not a matter of life and death, it would be really cool if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks fellas and ladies.

Genki McClure

#2 Patrick Neary

Patrick Neary
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Portland, OR

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:14 PM

Hi-

I just made a page of lamp icons in freehand mx so I can cut and paste those into floorplans i draw up in the same program. If you use freehand, I'd be happy to send you (or anyone who wants one) the freehand file of the lighting units (they're color coded and labeled). You can shoot me a note at spotcrew-at-1925studios.com, and i could email the document.

#3 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:48 PM

Hi-

I just made a page of lamp icons in freehand mx so I can cut and paste those into floorplans i draw up in the same program. If you use freehand, I'd be happy to send you (or anyone who wants one) the freehand file of the lighting units (they're color coded and labeled). You can shoot me a note at spotcrew-at-1925studios.com, and i could email the document.

I'd just make them in illustrator, you'd only ahve to make one for each type of lamp (i.e. fresnel) and then size/color it to represents different fixtures (redheads, blonds, teners)

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

Abel Cine

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

Technodolly

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Visual Products

Willys Widgets

Aerial Filmworks