5 replies to this topic

#1 Paulo Mauro

Paulo Mauro
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:48 PM

Hello people,

I own a Bolex EBM, and this last weekend I rent a 10mm c mount. Throught my view finder I couldn't see anything everything was blured. The lens just have the f-stop and the distance in foot. Am I missing anything, is that right? Thank you!!!

#2 gregorscheer

gregorscheer
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2006 - 12:13 AM

Hi paul the ebm is a great camera and I shoot my educational documentrary films about historic crafts with it with great results.

I can imagine two problems. Do you know about the diopter setting knob for the view finder where people like me who wear glasses can compensate to view sharply?
Secondly did you invert the c'mount adapter?

Did you ever achieve a sharp picture with another lens? If not there is also the possibility that your prisme is out of wak or smudgy ...
or do you have some strange smudgy behind the lens filter inserted?

Tell me more about the camera and also if you know that the lens is OK. Some rental equipment is in terrible shape.

There is also the possibolity that you have a non reflex lens that might have a slight unsharpnes if used with the iris whide open...

#3 Nick Mulder

Nick Mulder
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts
  • Other
  • Auckland, New Zealand

Posted 10 January 2006 - 05:07 AM

I'm going to take a punt that it was/is the diopter -

The same thing happened to me the other day - I was doing some timelapse near the ocean and a wave crashed over the body :o - in my haste to clean it and get it home I must have bumped it, upon a pull-apart, clean and put backtogether I thought I had ruined the prism or something equally dire ...

nope, just the dipoter ... :lol:

#4 Paulo Mauro

Paulo Mauro
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:27 PM

First of all thank you for you guys respoding to my question, I appreciate very much. I didn't know about the diopter. That is just for the our eyes or acctually affect the camera viewport? The c mount adapter, where you see the letters printed on the (metal) adapter "C mount adapter" I mouted that facing the camera or I could say the lens were on the opposite side of the letters engraved on the metal. My other lens is the original "POE" and is perfect the camera is like new.

Thank you!

First of all thank you for you guys respoding to my question, I appreciate very much. I didn't know about the diopter. That is just for the our eyes or acctually affect the camera viewport? The c mount adapter, where you see the letters printed on the (metal) adapter "C mount adapter" I mouted that facing the camera or I could say the lens were on the opposite side of the letters engraved on the metal. My other lens is the original "POE" and is perfect the camera is like new.

Thank you!

#5 gregorscheer

gregorscheer
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:40 AM

The procedure to set up the diopter is according to the manual to face the camera into a light area without any lens then turn the diopter thing on the viewfinder until you see the grain on the groundglass. Then fix it in this position. after that you should be able to view corectly what is going to arrive on your film.

I do not know wher the print is on the c mount adapter. However it needs to be attached to the camera so that it is concave and brings the lens as close as possible to the filmplane. If you insert it in the wrong position you focus much closer than the distances indicated on the barrel. I hope this is clear. Have fun with that great camera.

#6 Paulo Mauro

Paulo Mauro
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:14 PM

I got it. Yes I put in the wrong way, the concave was out far way from the gate. Thank you so much for your help!

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

Visual Products

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

rebotnix Technologies

Abel Cine

Metropolis Post

Willys Widgets

Technodolly

The Slider

Paralinx LLC