Martijn van Broekhuizen

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 10 January 2006 - 12:58 PM

Hello Everyone,

At the moment i'm researching my next documentairy where i'll be shooting inside a training tank (12m of depth) for astronauts (cosmonauts) in Moscow. We are shooting 16mm, probably 7218 and the 7205, the 7218 for underwater but I havent got any experience shooting underwater. Anyone done this more often and have good tips. For example the way of the light changes but how much do i loose of the original stop?better over expose a little then under expose?? Thinking also on taking my litepannel down, anyone did that before?? do video senders work and if, which ones?!

lots of questions....anyone got an answer??

grtz Martijn

#2 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:00 PM

At the moment i'm researching my next documentairy where i'll be shooting inside a training tank (12m of depth) for astronauts (cosmonauts) in Moscow.

Sounds like an interesting assignment...

... I havent got any experience shooting underwater. Anyone done this more often and have good tips. For example the way of the light changes but how much do i loose of the original stop?

Can't say I have ever done Movies underwater, but I have done "some" stills many many years ago. :) .

Worst thing is that the red end of the spectum goes away first, so you almost always need extra light in more than 20-30 feet of water. You will be at that point as 12 meters is about 30-40 ft. :o I forget the factor but you do loose "any" light rapidly. A bright sunny Florida day looks rather like Dusk at 100 Feet.

Aerial Filmworks

Paralinx LLC

Wooden Camera

Opal

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Visual Products

FJS International, LLC

Glidecam

Technodolly