#1 Dries

Dries

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:49 AM

I have the DVX102B (PAL) and want to use the Squeeze Mode to display a full 16:9 picture on a Wide Screen TV set.
However if I capture Squeeze Mode to Vegas 6 and apply DVD Wide Screen Project Properties I get funny results, nothing that comes close to 16:9. I tried several Vegas Project Properties, but none gives me the required results, full 16:9 frame coverage.
Anybody knows how to configure Vegas for Panasonic Squeeze mode so I can end up with a full 16:9 picture?

~Dries.

#2 Cary Sato Lee

Cary Sato Lee
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Director
  • Hollywood, CA. USA

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:26 PM

I have the DVX102B (PAL) and want to use the Squeeze Mode to display a full 16:9 picture on a Wide Screen TV set.
However if I capture Squeeze Mode to Vegas 6 and apply DVD Wide Screen Project Properties I get funny results, nothing that comes close to 16:9. I tried several Vegas Project Properties, but none gives me the required results, full 16:9 frame coverage.
Anybody knows how to configure Vegas for Panasonic Squeeze mode so I can end up with a full 16:9 picture?

~Dries.

If you already shot it in squeeze mode then you shouldn't need to do anything in Vegas since the video is already encoded for 16:9 mode. When you burn your DVD it should already switch to widescreen for you. If you are on a standard monitor then it should have the bars.

#3 Dries

Dries

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other

Posted 15 January 2006 - 01:38 AM

If you already shot it in squeeze mode then you shouldn't need to do anything in Vegas since the video is already encoded for 16:9 mode. When you burn your DVD it should already switch to widescreen for you. If you are on a standard monitor then it should have the bars.

I think something went wrong during capturing the Panasonic squeezed clips. That's why I got this strange fromat issues even when Vegas project properties was set to DVD Wide Screen.
Anyway, it seems to be okay now.

Thanks, Dries.

Visual Products

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineTape

Rig Wheels Passport

Tai Audio

rebotnix Technologies

FJS International, LLC

Paralinx LLC