No replies to this topic

#1 Rod Otaviano

Rod Otaviano
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Other

Posted 15 January 2006 - 03:54 AM

I just saw "Saraband" from Ingmar Bergman for the fourth time and loved it. It's a great film, well written and with great performances.

The DVD comes with a nice behind-the-scenes footage where you see Bergman directing and supervising every little detail of the film. I admire his commitment to the story and to the performance of the actors. Too bad there's no many directors like him nowadays.

I'd seen the behind-the-scenes of the film "Winter Glass", made in 1963 so it's interesting to compare how these two movies were made. Bergman seems the same, totally focused on the actors.

One moment worthy of note was when he talked to one of the actresses about retaking a scene several times:

"This business of retaking a scene over and over to get it perfect ... I don't know but I think it's a waste of emotion. But if you think it would be fun to do it again, we'll do it"

A bit different from Kubrick's point of view (by the way, another great director I respect).

This film was shot in HD. I tried finding out any technical specs, like for example which camera they used but haven't found anything (actually there's a moment on the behind-the-scenes when I saw the name "Philips" on the camera ... )

But anyways, it's a great film and highly recommended (although I'm biased since Bergman is my favorite director).

Abel Cine

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

Metropolis Post

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Technodolly

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Opal

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Tai Audio