Ratheesh Ravindran
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Kolkata,India

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:21 AM

Hi ,
There are two major film schools in India -- one is Film and Television Institute of India(FTII), in Pune and the other is Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute(SRFTI), in Kolkata. Both these film schools are run by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting of Government of India. Both these schools offer 3 years full- time residential Post graduate diploma course in Cinematography apart from Direction,Editing and Sound Engineering. FTII has 12 seats for each branch out of which 2 seats are reserved for foreign candidates and SRFTI has 10 seats for each stream out of which 2 seats are reserved for foreign candidates.
--Ratheesh.

#2 gears2go

gears2go
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:23 PM

Hi Ratheesh,
Nice to find out an Indian guy here . I am a student currently doing my B.sc Electronic Media Final year under Madras University. I am planning to write the entrance test for Pune Film Institute. Will you please guide me how to prepare for the test ? As there is only 12 seats, its gonna be really hard. Being a South Indian I have no links to contact the students at the institute . They will introduce the application forms by February.
Kindly inform me what type of questions they are going to ask. I have a documentary and short film done by me . Will they watch it as a reference ?
Expecting your reply
Thanks

CineLab

CineTape

Cinelicious

Paralinx LLC

K5600 Lighting

Abel Cine

Visual Products

Glidecam

Lemo Connectors

Zylight