Need FireWire Card for Panasonic AJ-D230 DVCPro Deck

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JohnDubya

JohnDubya
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:46 PM

We have a Panny AJ-D230 DVCPro deck, and we need to be able to i/o DV video via firewire to a Mac running FCP. There is an empty slot in the D230 deck, but I have no idea what kind of firewire card would go inside of this deck. Any links or help would be awesome. Thanks!

#2 Keith Mottram

Keith Mottram
  • Sustaining Members
  • 824 posts
  • Other

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:03 PM

We have a Panny AJ-D230 DVCPro deck, and we need to be able to i/o DV video via firewire to a Mac running FCP. There is an empty slot in the D230 deck, but I have no idea what kind of firewire card would go inside of this deck. Any links or help would be awesome. Thanks!

dont know why i'm replying to this as:

1. you have dubya in your name
2. you clearly cant be bothered to look on the panasonic website
3. your posting an edit question on a cinematography board (you should use creativecow.net).
4. i still cant get over dubya to be honest.

but whatever, you need to get the card from a panasonic pro retailer. like totally awesome and rad dude....

keith

Edited by keith mottram, 17 January 2006 - 02:07 PM.

#3 JohnDubya

JohnDubya
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2006 - 03:25 PM

dont know why i'm replying to this as:

1. you have dubya in your name
2. you clearly cant be bothered to look on the panasonic website
3. your posting an edit question on a cinematography board (you should use creativecow.net).
4. i still cant get over dubya to be honest.

but whatever, you need to get the card from a panasonic pro retailer. like totally awesome and rad dude....

keith

Well, first of all, thank you for your rude and uninsightful reply. It's greatly appreciated.

FYI, I did peruse the Panasonic website, and I couldn't find any information relating to addon cards for this unit. So I'm assuming you have no idea if Panasonic has anything on their site about it. If you did look and find some information that I wasn't able to find, please, by all means, share the link.

And I'm sorry for trying to find help here. I tried to find an appropriate forum for this question, and this seemed to be the closest to where I needed help.

If my display name is in some way inferior to your intellect, please feel free to block me.

#4 Keith Mottram

Keith Mottram
  • Sustaining Members
  • 824 posts
  • Other

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:43 PM

And I'm sorry for trying to find help here. I tried to find an appropriate forum for this question, and this seemed to be the closest to where I needed help.

If my display name is in some way inferior to your intellect, please feel free to block me.

firstly dubya is inferior to the intellect of the average gold fish, but i do not want you to feel all upset so i found out why you are failing to find the board on the panasonic website. the board in question is a AJ-YAD230 and unfortunately its discontinued. so best to speak to b and h or something like that. like totally awesome.

keith

The Slider

Tai Audio

FJS International, LLC

CineTape

Paralinx LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Opal

Ritter Battery

Visual Products

Rig Wheels Passport

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS