Hi-Con 7363 as reversal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Michael Carter

Michael Carter
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:13 PM

Finally, I projected my Regular8mm 100 foot reels of High Contrast film that was processed as reversal; it was fantastic. I really like it. The film was 16mm reperfed to Regular 8mm and shot at 10 asa. Cine Lab processed it. Some footage was missing. I always shoot my business card on a gray card at the start and it was gone. Now, thinking that the lab does a clip test so the processing goes correctly, and it did,
How should I shoot that first bit?
And, since it is Regular 8mm, How should I shoot that last bit after I flip onto the second half, both pieces would be side by side then.
What is the best way to shoot for a clip test? Is a gray card enough? Would a head shot with 4:1 lighting be better, or 3:1 with this stock? Is there a black and white gray scale card to shoot. How many values would it show? I'm an oil painter and use a 10 value scale from white to black with gray in the middle.
7363 is a intermediate film stock with 2R perfs and a low speed making it useful for old 16mm cameras and Regular 8mm what with the high sharpness. I also shoot it or want to shoot it in 16mm. It may be a while 'till I can get some more in R8 format so 16mm will be used to continue learning how to expose film properly.

Thanks,

Michael Carter -

starting in a Film Production One class tonight.

Abel Cine

Ritter Battery

Glidecam

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

Tai Audio

Willys Widgets

Visual Products

FJS International, LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc