• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Edge

Robert Edge
  • Sustaining Members
  • 401 posts
  • Other

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:17 PM

I'd like to see this part of the forum used a lot more than it is currently. I have a feeling that, while it is probably not intended, a lot of people are cautious about starting a discussion here.

This part of the forum has the potential to be a highlight of what cinematography.com offers, especially if it grows beyond discussions about feature films, as important as those discussions are.

Curious to know whether others agree.

Also, what is the proper scope of In Production? Does it include discussion about pre-production issues relating to films that won't be made for another six months to a year?

On a completely unrelated subect, would it make sense to give the sound forum a reprieve from its current status in the basement, and perhaps see how it does with a little more profile?

#2 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19759 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:10 AM

I suspect it's the nature of being called Cinematography.Com that non-cinematography forums will not get a lot of traffic from screenwriters, sound recordists, etc. who probably have their own sites that they like to hang out on -- at least nothing like the number of people interested in cinematography. I not visiting Screenwriters.Com a whole lot... (if there were such a place.)

Sure, pre-production is a legitimate and highly important aspect of production, so it belongs here.

#3 Kevin Zanit

Kevin Zanit
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • LA

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:50 AM

I agree. I enjoy reading and posting in this forum. I also try to get as many pictures as I can when allowed to take them because I think they can be even more helpful/ interesting than just talking about a particular setup.

I think including pre-production is important because it obviously affects everything during production.

Kevin Zanit

Willys Widgets

Wooden Camera

Technodolly

Paralinx LLC

Abel Cine

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

rebotnix Technologies

The Slider

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

Visual Products