No replies to this topic

#1 Alex Ellerman

Alex Ellerman
  • Sustaining Members
  • 228 posts
  • Other
  • Chicago

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:08 PM

i just watched the commercial for Firewall and the Chrysler 300... this is like the BMW concept, except it's a commercial masquerading as a movie trailer, rather than a hip way of "obviously" selling cars, in my opinion. I don't have an axe to grind with them, but I'm interested in the future of studio movies and what this means.

This is a link on the Firewall movie site, PARTNERS listing the partners for the film. Interesting. Is this how studios will further fund their big movies, thus lessening their exposure. Of course they are already doing this, but this seems a more overt attempt, and not a necessary PP (*except Symantec), but one that was probably put up for sale to a couple of different companies...

I think it's great if it helps get films made, and unfortunate if its just another way to bombard us with marketing... any other thoughts? would love to know how this impacts the industry...
ae

oh, and the movie trailer feels very predictable. i enjoy seeing harrison ford "display cocky excellence in the face of insurmountable odds" as much as the next guy, but this looks like a retread combo of Mel Gibson's Ransom / and Travolta's Triggerfish...

Edited by theturnaround, 24 January 2006 - 06:12 PM.

Paralinx LLC

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

Rig Wheels Passport

Opal

Abel Cine

Wooden Camera

FJS International, LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

The Slider

Technodolly

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS