1 reply to this topic

#1 Tim Carroll

Tim Carroll
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2165 posts
  • Other
  • Chicago, Illinois

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:22 PM

Got a Zeiss 10-100 T2 Mk1 in Arri bayonet mount that I need to make PL. Don't see a need to go back to bayonet mount in the future. Wondering if anyone here has opinions or personal experience that would lean toward just having the lens converted to PL mount or having a B to PL adapter put on it. Either option will be done by my lens guy, so either one would be set up properly.

Just wondering if anyone has seen advantages to one route over the other? The true PL mount seems like it would be stronger/last longer, not be as susceptible to getting knocked loose. But maybe I am being unrealistic here. Has anyone had a B to PL mount that was mounted properly come loose?

Thanks,
-Tim Carroll

#2 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:33 PM

Got a Zeiss 10-100 T2 Mk1 in Arri bayonet mount that I need to make PL. Don't see a need to go back to bayonet mount in the future. Wondering if anyone here has opinions or personal experience that would lean toward just having the lens converted to PL mount or having a B to PL adapter put on it. Either option will be done by my lens guy, so either one would be set up properly.

Just wondering if anyone has seen advantages to one route over the other? The true PL mount seems like it would be stronger/last longer, not be as susceptible to getting knocked loose. But maybe I am being unrealistic here. Has anyone had a B to PL mount that was mounted properly come loose?

Thanks,
-Tim Carroll

Tim,

I have an old 25-250 Zoom that has an adapter. I think a true PL mount is a better way to go. A good adapter will cost you over $500 in any case. The $100 Ebay ones are not made to 5 micron tolorances!

Stephen

Technodolly

Willys Widgets

Glidecam

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

CineLab

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

Abel Cine

Opal

Visual Products