#1 Jonathan Bryant

Jonathan Bryant
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Athens, GA

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:48 AM

Our video production company is trying to come up with a unique concept to shoot for a backdrop to our logo which is a man on a horse. Do you have any ideas to that aren't techy, like flipping on a light switch, etc... Something that would make people think creative video production services.

#2 Brant Collins

Brant Collins
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Producer
  • Little Rock, Arkansas

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:53 PM

What is the name and a logo for the company would help if you could post it

#3 Jonathan Bryant

Jonathan Bryant
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Athens, GA

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:04 PM

What is the name and a logo for the company would help if you could post it

www.athensvideo.com its a man on a horse.

Ideas so far , a creatively lit shot of someones eye with moving gears composited over it, a POV shot of someone pointing to an editor making an edit on a NLE, and/or a Blacksmith molding a horse shoe by hitting it while it is hot with sparks coming off, etc....

Were are trying to come up with a concept shot that means something, it doesn't have to be techy or relate to the horse logo. Just like Nike doesn't do a whole commercial with just a shoe, they come up with creative concepts.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

#4 Brant Collins

Brant Collins
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Producer
  • Little Rock, Arkansas

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:19 PM

I think you need to find the meaning first. Not just cool shots that you can attach meaning to. Come up with a list of 5 words or key ideas you want to convey in the video.

#5 david west

david west
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:11 AM

...the british are coming, the brithish are coming....

is this a brand new business??
is this logo permanent?

personally your site says,"

©2005 Athens Video, Inc.
We reserve the right to change prices and services at our discretion. No part this website may be reproduced without our expressed consent.

"

nothing instill confidence more than a quote of, "We reserve the right to change prices "

i would get rid of that.... i seriously doubt that you are going to be thrown into a money loosing
situation by not having that... and it is a definate turn off....

You mentioned NIKE.... their logo is a good example of simplicity and still deep meaning.

does your GIF animation translate well to stationary and print meida?

if you are just starting out you might want to consider how firmly you are attached to the logo and
if it really represents what you want to do...

also,
you do depos? you might mention your gear and if it has timecode.

experience- perhaps i missed it, but the site doesnt scream experience in marketing, but
rather has nothing to seperate you from a sophomore in highschool who is gifted in web design.
By this i mean, show a photo of you, your staff, and "the cast of thousands"... list your gear, and education.

on the other hand, if you are very young and just starting out, nice job... but i would still consider all of the above and look at other "professional MARKETING SOLUTIONS" web sites...

please take the above for what it is meant to be, "free market research" on a first impression of the web site and logo...

good luck in your endeavors,

sincerely,
david west

#6 Jonathan Bryant

Jonathan Bryant
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Athens, GA

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:42 PM

Thanks for all your advice I will pass it on to the decision makers. I have been to busy to post the last few days. The horse logo came from another brand name we were trying to use for our commercial productions side. We called it Barndoor Productions which we came from the barndoors on a fresnel light. Now we have dropped that name and the barndoor part of the logo and just have a man riding a horse horse. I will let you know what happens.

CineTape

FJS International, LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

Visual Products

Abel Cine

Technodolly

Aerial Filmworks

Opal

Gamma Ray Digital Inc