#1 Brant Collins

Brant Collins
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Producer
  • Little Rock, Arkansas

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:58 PM

Also it seems since my camera has been in storage there my be fungus on the inside of my lens
Saynko xl600s. Can i take the lens apart and clean?If so how?

It does not seem to show looking through the camera view finder...should I leave it alone?

Edited by brant, 27 January 2006 - 12:03 AM.

#2 Mike Lary

Mike Lary
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Other

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:23 AM

Also it seems since my camera has been in storage there my be fungus on the inside of my lens
Saynko xl600s. Can i take the lens apart and clean?If so how?

It does not seem to show looking through the camera view finder...should I leave it alone?

Taking lenses apart is a bad idea unless you have the precision tools to ensure the glass(es) are lined up perfectly. You can try placing the lens in a way that direct sunlight goes through it and that might kill the fungus, but generally it's 'game over' when fungus creeps into your lens. If it's the fungus that looks like little veins or tendrils spreading out, I'd ditch the lens personally because it can make its way into other equipment (like cameras and other lenses).

You may or may not notice a difference when shooting with the lens. It might soften things up a bit or make the image look foggy.

#3 Brant Collins

Brant Collins
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Producer
  • Little Rock, Arkansas

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:39 AM

Taking lenses apart is a bad idea unless you have the precision tools to ensure the glass(es) are lined up perfectly. You can try placing the lens in a way that direct sunlight goes through it and that might kill the fungus, but generally it's 'game over' when fungus creeps into your lens. If it's the fungus that looks like little veins or tendrils spreading out, I'd ditch the lens personally because it can make its way into other equipment (like cameras and other lenses).

You may or may not notice a difference when shooting with the lens. It might soften things up a bit or make the image look foggy.

Looks like dried water spots(but it is not water, just cloudy spots) not veins, but I do not rember it being there. I have bought a few cameras off e-bay this was my one good one. Guess I should bite the bullet and buy one from a good dealer.

#4 Mike Lary

Mike Lary
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Other

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:55 AM

Looks like dried water spots(but it is not water, just cloudy spots) not veins, but I do not rember it being there.

I haven't seen that before, so I don't know whether or not it's fungus.

#5 Steve Wallace

Steve Wallace
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Other
  • Burbank, CA

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:16 AM

I haven't seen that before, so I don't know whether or not it's fungus.

Perhaps it actually is dried up water spots, caused by severe condensation?

#6 Brant Collins

Brant Collins
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Producer
  • Little Rock, Arkansas

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:38 PM

Well it does not affect the image as far as I can see. I am done with e-bay stuff I need to break down and buy something better, from a dealer

Should I get a Beaulieu or Canon 1014? I found a guy who will make me a Beaulieu?

rebotnix Technologies

Aerial Filmworks

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera

Visual Products

Glidecam

Opal

CineTape

Paralinx LLC

Technodolly

Willys Widgets