#2 Mike Lary

Mike Lary
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Other

Posted 28 January 2006 - 10:17 AM

Any comments would be really appreciated

It's very hard to evaluate image quality when so much compression is used. You should export at higher quality settings.

#3 Milo

Milo

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Other

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:05 PM

I thought the song was excellent and the scenes very easy to watch and follow. Some of the coloring was a little too blue for me and the camera shake scenes made me spill a little bit of my popcorn. I would not take my opinion as anything but amateur though. Excellent video.
Milo
Oregon, USA

#4 andres victorero

andres victorero
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Spain

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:09 PM

Looks good.

can you tell us the technical aspects of the video?

#5 LondonFilmMan

LondonFilmMan
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:35 AM

Is this from Greece?

My favourite shot was the 5-second shot at 1:18 left to run. I thought she expressed herself quite well. I love the sun on her face, the slow-mo of the wind blowing her hair and that 'held' smile. Nice. She's a gem and has a cute face! But you lost serious points when he raised his hand to her near the stairs. Noooooooo!!

We needed to see more range from him (a better contrast of 'elated with her'; 'broken without her'). Yes, he could of shown a greater spectrum of sadness rather than just the 'I am dead inside' approach. He should cry and we need to see some usage of facial muscles, and we should see tears at some point. He could wipe one away as he was driving. (oh ye, he did, sorry). A better shot of this though?

Some of the reality-like shots were fine and appropriate whereas some need to be fine-tuned. Some shots were unnecessary.

The song was consistently moody and depressing so what can you do but to go with that and try to contrast that with an interesting story? The locations were fine and she played the cute girlfriend rather well.

What's missing? To me, perhaps a clearer plot. I would of clearly demonstrated smiles, kisses and hugs when they were together and made that look warm and fresh. I don't believe I ever saw a full and complete smile from him. They could of planted a tree together; Run down the beach and fallen on the sand to kiss; argued and she could have slapped him and walked off, he could have picked a flower and chased her. This would show her worth to him. (Raising his hand to her raises questions about him and her worth to him).

How did they meet, perhaps she was a lovely vision from across a ballroom, and then they danced, she blushed, then he held her proudly and they both smiled...? A ballroom would have also taken this away from the sand for a while too. You might of explored these aspects of their relationship a little more.

In contrast, when she was 'no more' we should have seen a bitter saddness (because of her youth) and a completely overwhelming frustration, but not just depend on the reality-look of video to achieve this. I think he should of fallen to his knees in front of the shrine, put out his hand to her photo with eyes welled up with tears (eventhough realising she was gone), then ripping his shirt open in frustration and crying in a 'pathetic' and defeated way.

You see, that's when the true fate of what had happened is realised. Kind of a build up I'd say.

You could answer the puzzle of how she departed this world...perhaps. He could hold his head in his hands when he remembers that fateful 'night' and takes the flower from his pocket to kiss it. (That's the same flower that made him realise her worth to him maybe?)

I think this is ok though....but you might explore the story more...having said that, its totally acceptable as it is!

All best! (and sorry for waffling on, you got me going!)

#6 Ermetekos

Ermetekos
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Director

Posted 07 February 2006 - 03:10 PM

Thank you all for the time you took to review my clip, and to answer to this thread,

It was shot using Sony DSRPD-150, no lighting was available, just a tiny reflector, on the external shots.
All the colours u see are during post, which was done in Premiere, + some old film fx plugin.

I couldnt agree more on some points with u LondonFilmMan.
As far as story is concerned, i had shot also some other shots, in an old building where the guy painted stuff on the walls, and they kissed passionately under a window where sunlight hit their faces.
The horrible thing, that i havent understood until this day is that , that tape didnt record anything of that shooting, even though both me, and the camera operator were 100% sure the camera was recording.

In addition i thought in the beginning for the guy to place the picture he saw inside the book, inside the little temple. But then i changed my mind, from the fear of becoming kitsch and maybe unrealistic. No one at least here in Greece, places pictures in such little temples of the deceased.

Both of them are actors.
LondonFilmMan I like the fact you intellectuallised things, and took the time to actually propose ways for showing different events about their relationship and how to climax things.

Many thanx again for everybody's replies...

peace

Edited by Ermetekos, 07 February 2006 - 03:12 PM.

#7 Jeyow Evangelista

Jeyow Evangelista
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Philippines

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:48 AM

Nice Video, thou u can still improve it. Thou there are no really rules in making a MusicVid, u can improve it by selecting a better cutting point & transition.

#8 Ermetekos

Ermetekos
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Director

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:46 AM

i would like to hear an example of what u mean. Maybe u can point out how i could have cut better?

What transition would u use?

I know i m not good at the camera, but i always thought that my strong point was the editing, so this is the first time i hear a comment about it, and i am really interested 2 hear some other point of view.

Wooden Camera

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

Metropolis Post

FJS International, LLC

The Slider

Visual Products

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Abel Cine