#1 Filip Plesha

Filip Plesha
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts
  • Other
  • Croatia

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:27 PM

I mean widely known movies that were shot only with fuji films..

the only one I can think of is Truman show (unless they shot portions on Kodak)...

So can you tell me all famous films that you can think of that were shot only on Fuji stock?

#2 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19760 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:27 PM

Well, even a film almost entirely shot on Fuji stocks sometimes used Kodak slow-speed stock for efx work, especially in the days of optical printing.

Some Fuji features:
"Star Trek 2", "Das Boot", "Room with a View", "Legend", "Mosquito Coast", "Jefferson in Paris", "Cyrano", "Alien Nation", "My Left Foot", "Mr. & Mrs. Bridge", "Lost in Yonkers", "The Wedding Planner", "Snatch", "Swordfish", "3000 Miles to Graceland", "North Country", "Three Burials of Meliquiades Estrada", "Assassination of Richard Nixon", "Before Sunset", "I Love Huckabees", "Garden State", "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", "Punch Drunk Love", "The White Countess", "Wings of a Dove"

Others:
"A Walk to Remember", "Made", "Fallen Angels", "Kissing Jessica Stein", "Twin Falls Idaho", "Northfork", "Serendipity", "Human Nature", "Internal Affairs", "Where the Heart Is", "Slaves of New York", "Mr. Destiny", "Ballad of Sad Cafe", "Mississippi Masala", "Picture Bride", "American Me", "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me", "Rich in Love", "Not Without My Daughter", "Hedwig and the Angry Inch", "Love's Labour's Lost", "Mysterious Skin", "A Dirty Shame", "Nutty Professor II", "Spider", "Passion of Mind", "The Bone Collector"

There are many films that have mixed Fuji and Kodak. One good example is "Dolores Claiborne", which shot the present of Kodak and the past on Fuji, as did "Somewhere in Time".

Actually, I don't think "The Truman Show" was shot on Fuji.

#3 Mike Williamson

Mike Williamson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 29 January 2006 - 03:39 AM

Many of Spielberg's recent films were shot using a mix of Fuji and Kodak. "Munich", "War of the Worlds", and "Minority Report" all mixed Fuji with older Kodak emulsions. The feature that Kaminski directed, "Lost Souls", also was shot on Fuji stock. There's an article in the newest issue of American Cinematographer discussing "Munich" and the reasons for using particular stocks, should be of interest to you.

#4 Trevor Greenfield

Trevor Greenfield
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Director
  • North Idaho

Posted 29 January 2006 - 04:01 AM

Here's a simple search at IMDB... sorry can't sort out the camera films from the prints:

http://www.imdb.com/...hnical?for=fuji

This one film called Twin Falls Idaho was shot on Fuji 35mm. Who was the cinematographer on that again? :D Said cinematographer also was nominated for best cinematography at the Independent Spirit Awards so the stock can't be that bad!

Edited by Trevor Greenfield, 29 January 2006 - 04:05 AM.

Abel Cine

Aerial Filmworks

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Opal

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

Glidecam

rebotnix Technologies

Willys Widgets