#1 brooklyn

brooklyn

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:28 AM

G'day guys,
are there any professionally based cinematography courses in the US that provide in-depth masterclasses to those already practising the craft, but wishing further their skills? Maybe not just a week, but a month or six-weeks?
Most courses seem to cater to people with little experience, (which is cool and no doubt makes much cash for the various schools), but what about people with existing working knowledge who wish to go deeper in a professional cinematographic environment? There must be something out there!
It's hard to believe that the filmschool wars of the last two decades havn't produced further education for people already shooting, who wish to brush up their skills and explore new avenues, or those who wish to watch and learn from other commrades in the field. Obviously, there are many day-long, week-long courses, but they always seem to skip over the minutia and focus on the broad brush strokes . Do people know of any longer courses worth investigation?
Cheers :D

#2 Tim J Durham

Tim J Durham
  • Sustaining Members
  • 742 posts
  • Director
  • East Coast, Baby!

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:46 AM

G'day guys,
are there any professionally based cinematography courses in the US that provide in-depth masterclasses to those already practising the craft, but wishing further their skills? Maybe not just a week, but a month or six-weeks?
Most courses seem to cater to people with little experience, (which is cool and no doubt makes much cash for the various schools), but what about people with existing working knowledge who wish to go deeper in a professional cinematographic environment? There must be something out there!
It's hard to believe that the filmschool wars of the last two decades havn't produced further education for people already shooting, who wish to brush up their skills and explore new avenues, or those who wish to watch and learn from other commrades in the field. Obviously, there are many day-long, week-long courses, but they always seem to skip over the minutia and focus on the broad brush strokes . Do people know of any longer courses worth investigation?
Cheers :D

http://www.theworksh...shops/index.asp

#3 Nathan Chaszeyka

Nathan Chaszeyka
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Other
  • Las Vegas, Nevada

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:49 PM

http://www.theworksh...shops/index.asp

Can anyone vouch for the quality of the workshops offered by them. I was considering a course they are offering this summer but have very very limited resources and can't afford to waste them.

#4 winter

winter
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:48 AM

Can anyone vouch for the quality of the workshops offered by them. I was considering a course they are offering this summer but have very very limited resources and can't afford to waste them.

hey Chaszeyka-
I don't know how good they are eaither and also have very limited resources I'm trying to use best, to move forward in film. I want to try one workshop, maybe more, but the place seems 1/2 resort 1/2 school. I'm thinking maybe to try off campus housing to save $ or even camping, though the best I could find was still 1,000 a month for a site. Let me know if you plan on going and want to look into maybe sharing housing somewhere, if we will be there at the same time.

CineTape

Willys Widgets

The Slider

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

Abel Cine

Paralinx LLC

Visual Products

Glidecam

Rig Wheels Passport

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Technodolly