small format magazine around the world

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 filmfreund

filmfreund
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:01 AM

Far more than 3,000 enthusiastic amateurs and professionals want to read small format. They bought their copies in photo shops and book stores or placed an order. We are really lucky about this (late) success. After our last thread on this forum we sent out a reminder to all people that ordered issue no. 1. Since then other 250 subscribers could be added. When we reach 1,500 subscriptions (this is a little way from now...) we will not have any financial problems anymore.

Here is the country list of subscribers. We are really lucky to have such an international readership.

1. England
2. USA/Canada
3. France
4. Italy
5. Finland
6. Australia
7. Spain
8. Sweden
9. Norway
10. Portugal
11 Netherlands
11. Greece (same amount)
12. Switzerland
13. China/Hongkong

Interesting is the strenght of the small northern countries in Europe: Sweden, Finland, Norway. Also amazing: the number of subscriptions from China/Hongkong (more than 10!). A little bit disappointing is the number of subscribers from the Netherlands (normally a great country of amateur filmmakers) and that there are only very few subscriptions from Japan - so far.

Next issue will be published in March. small format will come six times a year. If you would like to join, please see www.smallformat.de

Thanks
Juergen
www.smallformat.de

#2 Gareth North

Gareth North
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:07 PM

Hi Jurgen.

I've just joined this website tonight after years of reading it so i could post a reply to your message. I'm so pleased that you have now had so many responses for people wanting to subscribe to your magazine! I bought the original issue after hearing about it on this excellent website and i thought it was brilliant! I'm a Bolex fanatic and the article on them was great! I could finally see what Marc Ueter looks like!

I wish you the best of success with the magazine i hope you have received my subscription request as i remeber comming back to this website months after having received the first issue and saw a thread already weeks out of date saying you needed another x number of subscriptons to carry on. I realised i had forgot to send you one. I felt gutted becuase i loved the mag so much then i got a letter from you late December re asking i'm glad there was a reprive and you have turned things round so much! Excellent news and i await your second issue in March.

You may like my as yet uncomplete website on Bolex.

www.bolexequipment.com

Gareth

#3 andres victorero

andres victorero
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Spain

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:50 PM

great ¡

I can´t wait :D

#4 A.Oliver

A.Oliver
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Other
  • Croydon UK

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:46 PM

superb news

#5 Mike Crane

Mike Crane
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:53 PM

My favorite super 8 mag by far. Very professional.

Keep up the good work! ;)

#6 filmfreund

filmfreund
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:36 AM

Thanks! Please feel free to offer us articles. redaktion@schmalfilm.biz
www.smallformat.de

Juergen

CineTape

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

The Slider