Not really a newbie but....

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rickeisenstein

rickeisenstein
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:23 AM

Hi all of you cinematography.com movie people. I too am a passionate filmmaker (assuming you all are passionate as well since you're here at this site) and want to share my enthusiasm for telling great stories with other clever filmmakers. I am the owner and operator of an Eclair NPR Super 16mm package with a PL mount retrofitted to it. I am here looking for advice on ways of finding people who I can collaborate with on getting some film running through my camera. I work a regular 9-5 as a location scout, but I want to use my spare time (that is evenings and weekends) shooting as much film as possible. Does anyone have any advice on lining up some projects? I live in LA, and have for about 7 years and all I ever come across is dreamers who are talk only. What I would ideally like to do is produce some projects by bringing the right people together and shoot using my equipment. I am looking for advice, bear in mind that I have built up quite a reel on many student films and shorts that I have had a hand in producing. I guess my question is, what's next? How do I make that connection from the shorts and the festival circuit to the leap into features?

Metropolis Post

Willys Widgets

CineLab

Technodolly

FJS International, LLC

Visual Products

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Rig Wheels Passport