3 replies to this topic

#1 Wes Shinn

Wes Shinn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Digital Image Technician

Posted 12 February 2006 - 12:40 AM

Ive worked on 12 films.....all in florida. Ive traveled out of the country before. But not with my $130,000 HD equipment with me. This is going to be an adventure just getting their I think. Its pretty much just going to be with my cinealta holding a mic and following everyone around. This will also be my first time DP'ing anything. Of course im practicing ....cause I got my own stuff.

Im getting a carnet and double checking every peice of paper work I need. Im not going to get detained or have my stuff revoked from me when Im leaving.

But, my other quest is.....Ive never been the head guy to get stuff into film festivals before. How do I go about submitting this into the festivals?

#2 Travis Cline

Travis Cline
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:35 AM

My wife is from Russia and I've spent a bit of time in that part of the world. Be careful. That is not a part of the world where you can go to the police and file a report. Also, coming into the country with equipment like that can be tricky. Even if the govt. lets you in, don't trust anyone and don't take that camera out at night. Also, don't expect that anyone will speak english and be able to help you if you are lost. Good luck though, its beautiful and the food is great, so enjoy. Plus, bring voltage adapters specific to europe.

Travis

#3 Tim J Durham

Tim J Durham
  • Sustaining Members
  • 742 posts
  • Director
  • East Coast, Baby!

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:57 AM

My wife is from Russia and I've spent a bit of time in that part of the world. Be careful. That is not a part of the world where you can go to the police and file a report. Also, coming into the country with equipment like that can be tricky. Even if the govt. lets you in, don't trust anyone and don't take that camera out at night. Also, don't expect that anyone will speak english and be able to help you if you are lost. Good luck though, its beautiful and the food is great, so enjoy. Plus, bring voltage adapters specific to europe.

Travis

Agree. And as I said in your last thread, Ukraine does not recognise carnets. Who hired you for this job? Was it someone you know? Make sure you know who you're dealing with. By now you should have called the Ukranian consulate and asked what is to be done in lieu of a carnet to register your gear AND you should definitely register your presence (and the presence of your gear) with the American embassy (or whatever country's embassy of the passport you hold).

#4 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 16 March 2006 - 03:52 PM

Hi

=Ive worked on 12 films.....all in florida. Ive traveled out of the country before. But not with my $130,000 =HD equipment with me. This is going to be an adventure just getting their I think. Its pretty much just =going to be with my cinealta holding a mic and following everyone around. This will also be my first time =DP'ing anything. Of course im practicing ....cause I got my own stuff.

If you will need shooting in Ukraine, can ask me.
I'm filmmaker, we shoot of commercial, music video, documentary films.
The equipments from Arri studio, Arri 535, 435, 16SR-3, video and more other.

Technodolly

Paralinx LLC

Opal

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

CineLab

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Abel Cine

Tai Audio